• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking for Pasture lease in Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rtrbison

Reaction score
Good evening all,

First time post here, so not sure if this is the right spot.

We are looking for a long term pasture lease in Texas.

If anyone has any leads they can share, we would be so grateful.

Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

Good luck with the pasture search. We used to have a few Texans posting here, but not many recently. Miss them, especially the creative ones. Not being one iota artistic or even a craftsperson, I enjoy seeing what those with talent can create.

The whole extent of my 'creativeness' was showing my older three grandgirls how to make tents out of bed sheets and clothespins, with a broom stick in the middle to hold it up! For at least a while, they believed grandma could make something out of nothing! They were great days when they were able to spend some time with us. Now they are all grown up and on their own, enjoying being twenty somethings with good memories of their childhood.

mrj

mrj said:
Good luck with the pasture search. We used to have a few Texans posting here, but not many recently. Miss them, especially the creative ones. Not being one iota artistic or even a craftsperson, I enjoy seeing what those with talent can create.

The whole extent of my 'creativeness' was showing my older three grandgirls how to make tents out of bed sheets and clothespins, with a broom stick in the middle to hold it up! For at least a while, they believed grandma could make something out of nothing! They were great days when they were able to spend some time with us. Now they are all grown up and on their own, enjoying being twenty somethings with good memories of their childhood.

mrj

Oh I bet you can bake a mean pie that is a talent far more important than material things. The younger generations idea of a pie is one from Walmart or Costco. Rhubarb is about ready here yum yum.

I've recently been from the panhandle down to pecos, and there's a lot of country that doesn't have anything on it. I asked about it being open, and was told a lot of the grass needs to heal up from the droughts. Over priced cows and calves are making it easy to idle the grass.

You're just going to have to go the barnaby jones route and investigate. Bankers and county agents even realtors might help - good luck. In the oil patch, there are huge pastures left idle because it's cheaper for the oil company to rent the graze than deal with gates and fences. (I think of 10 sections as huge - might be a gathering trap in sw tx)

Latest posts