• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mean Ass...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ropesanddogs

Reaction score
Im not one to usually pass on spam or junk,or your everyday made up internet pictures,but i dont believe these pix have been tampered with.These are pictures from some man,from some state (ive heard AZ,NM,UT,and even west texas.)that has some lion hunting dogs and mules.Now the story differs on whether it was wounded,dead or alive,but either way,this ole mule was going to make sure he was every bit dead before he quit.What puzzles me is the fact that the dogs are just sitting around watching the spactacle...Anyways,heres the pics,whats your take on em? http://img105.echo.cx/img105/3921/image0048ao.jpg
http://img105.echo.cx/img105/4818/image0020hi.jpg
http://img169.echo.cx/img169/6121/image0037nw.jpg
http://img169.echo.cx/img169/1414/image0012ga.jpg

And people want to ride mules why?????????? :???:

:lol: :lol:

Seen this last fall also. Don't look to be fakes and I have a younger feller who rode a couple of mules for another neighbor and one of the mules would do this to a calf, if given the chance. What if the mule mistook you for a lion? :shock: :eek:

Guess I'll stick to my horses.

The contraption in front of the saddle must be shooting sticks cause it's obvious the mule is cross. yuk,yuk,yuk, :lol:

Lol,thats what i was thinkin,you dont want to get him mad in the mornin.I believe those things could also be an antenna for a dog tracking system,because lion dogs will range a few miles easily.

HOLY MOLEY!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
almost thought i was looking at myself in the morning.....not a pretty sight!! :wink:

Youre right,thats what a god one is supposed to do,our neighbor has one and we catch his cattle with dogs while the ole donkey just watches.I told him to get a female to go with the male,and he'll be more rotective,but he just scoffs at the idea,

hubby woke up in one of his moods today.....do ya think i could borrow that donkey...just for an hour or so??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Personaly I think the Cat was already dead before the mule got ahold of him......hence the reason the dogs weren't to worried. In every single picture if you look, its obvious that the Lion is dead already. I'm thinking the dogs treed it or bayed it to a stand still and the guy shot it and then the mule went to work on him. If the Mule had single handedly kilt the lion, don't you think there would be atleast one tiny little scratch on the mules nose/legs/neck???? But as you can see in the pictures, the mule is clean of any damage. I have seen these pictures now for the last year circulating around, and people are so amazed by it....lol.....Just my opinion, but I for one DO NOT believe for a second that the mule killed that lion 8)

Les said:
oh your a mean one ranchwife... :p

ya know, for almost 10 years now the joke in our house has been "woman, i could trade you in on 2 good, used mules"....i can only imagine the look on his face if he came home tonight and found one waiting for him in the living room instead of me and his dinner!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

ranchwife said:
Les said:
oh your a mean one ranchwife... :p

ya know, for almost 10 years now the joke in our house has been "woman, i could trade you in on 2 good, used mules"....i can only imagine the look on his face if he came home tonight and found one waiting for him in the living room instead of me and his dinner!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

so what are you saying he was being a Jackass this morning?

TXTibbs - i had to wonder, too, how the mule got away without a scratch in a fight with a big cat. I don't know much about big cats, but it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't put up one heck of a fight.

I wondered why the dogs are sitting so quietly while this is all going on. I got an e-mail which showed the pictures better and there was something tied to the right front foot. I agree it is dead.

I wouldn't know if the cat was dead before or after his encounter with the mule, but I do know that a burro can and would kill a panther or other wild cat, by spinning and kicking the snot out of it. They are very quick, and a mule would probably be of like ability.

I think maybe the cat was dead too- from the way the dogs act... But from having met up with a stud horse on the range, I have know doubt that they could kill a cat or almost anything that takes them on......thirty years ago I was riding a pasture where a neighbors stud came down and took my wife on horseback- knocked her horse over- then grabbed her and lifted her in the air and threw her like a ragdoll before trying to stomp her horse-- Wouldn't even pay attention to my beating him over the head with a rope when I got there, so I dropped a loop over him and luckily had a tree near by to go around and snub to-- thought I'd choked him to death and killed him ( was hoping)- left him laying like that for half an hour---but after getting everything settled down and making sure everyone was OK- I finally took the rope off- a few minutes later I heard him gasp for air-- He eventually got up and walked away like a perfect gentleman.......

Latest posts