• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mustang Pictures--------------

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mustang

Reaction score
Any day I can get out of the Cave is a good day. It was overcast and the heat was bearable. It took its toll
on the pictures but that's the price you pay. No range fires in sight but there was smoke in the distance from the California fires. It was good to be among the mustangs again.

The first two pictures are re-runs. The Twins and Gypsy are among my favorites. Gypsy has checked out and the
one Twin I haven't seen for almost a year.

This ol gal is five or six and has never dropped a colt.

Three stories to be told here. The one eared bandit. One with a "birth control shot brand", and one with her last "Round-up" date brand

I could see this lone stud coming for a long way off. He was really excited to hook up with the band.

You have only seen one of the twins for some time now? :(
Ole Gypsy is losing condition even in this older photo.
It appears the 'one eared bandit' wanted to have his picture taken. :D
The blue roan has a duplicate at side. They all seem to be in good condition.
Glad you :cboy: got out of the cave and took more pictures to share. Thanks!!

Good to seem the mustangs again,the Old one ear looks like he would have been quite the horse in his day.
We had a blue roan mare but bred to old Bear Trap a bay stud we only got some red Roans out of her, never another blue.

Thanks for sharing the photo's, mustang! That's as close as I'll ever get to them, I'm sure! btw, which state are they located in? We were in sw WY earlier this month and I wondered if we could have been near some 'wild horse' country.

The pics always make me think it's a shame more of those horses aren't tamed and put to work as saddle horses!

mrj

Sorry I'm late,, just got back in town.

The mustangs that we take our pictures of are about a hundred miles south west of Salt Lake City. The BLM has named the area the Onaqui HMA. (Horse Management Area) I think. We have hunted for mustangs in the Cedar Mountain HMA which is twenty miles north of the Onaqui Area. There are a number of bands through the State of Utah. Due to the lack of water the BLM are gathering a lot of mustangs and putting them up for sale.

I've heard that south west Wyoming has a lot of mustangs too. I've seen them north of Rock Springs.

Latest posts