• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Old John Deere(pic)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Here is my chore tractor. 1969, 4020 Diesel, FWA with 158 loader. It's almost as old as me. :)

4020-1.jpg

Probably bring as much now as it cost when it was new.

How many pairs of dirty, nasty, smelly underwear are in the cab? :shock:

4020's and 4010's bring good bucks here. Trade you a couple of bulls for it.

Mike said:
Probably bring as much now as it cost when it was new.

How many pairs of dirty, nasty, smelly underwear are in the cab? :shock:

4020's and 4010's bring good bucks here. Trade you a couple of bulls for it.

I only keep one pair of underwear in there Mike(turd). Seems to be enough to keep the mice out. :D Any more than that, and I might have a problem getting the boys to get in there and feed cattle for me. :roll: :wink:

I'l have to think about the bull trade deal.................................NO! :)

That's a good looking old John Deere,I like the grapple on the bucket,how long you had it,how many hours it got on it..............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
That's a good looking old John Deere,I like the grapple on the bucket,how long you had it,how many hours it got on it..............good luck

I bought it about 6 years ago. It is showing around 7500 hours now but the tach wasn't working when I got it so I have no idea how many actual hours it has. Pretty safe to say a lot more than 7500, though. :wink:
Those grapple teeth are 1 inch thick. Never had to straighten one yet!! :)

I dont think John Deere made very many 4 wheel drive 4020's ,maybe those boy's of your will be restoreing it some day...........good luck

Hey I agree with Haymaker. I have never seen a FWD 4020 that i can remember. I noticed that it wasn't a vintage JD grapple on it as they had teeth bent all over the place.

I dont think they made many MFD 4020's. Is it a powershift or a std? And was the twine barrel you have attached to the side an option from the factory? :wink: Good looking tractor, those 4010's and 20's were all good tractors. Built way better than the tractors of today!!!!

My dad started with a 1967 3020, bought it brand new, and it is still kicking around and does a good job with its chores!!

Once problem though...why can't Isee any pictures!!!!

Cattleman said:
My dad started with a 1967 3020, bought it brand new, and it is still kicking around and does a good job with its chores!!

Once problem though...why can't Isee any pictures!!!!

Cattleman, I'm not sure but you might have to go into your profile and see that "BB code" is turned "on" so you can view pictures.Maybe someone else knows for sure.....

M_R, It is a standard, syncro-range (not power shift). :)

Faster horses said:
I mentioned this tractor to some farmer neighbors and they say the MWA
is an add-on in that age of tractor. I didn't think so from your post. Would you settle the debate, please?

FH, It is a factory FWA, not an add-on. I was not aware tha JD even made such a thing until I found this one.
I hope you bet some $$$ on it!!! :) :D

Faster horses said:
Well, I haven't bet money on it yet, but since I only bet on a sure thing,
I will do so now!!!! :wink:

Have you got an owners manual or something so I can prove my case?

I've got a service manual for it. Also there is a website called "4020.com", or something like that. If I remember right the FWA models are mentioned there.
Will I get a % of your winnings??(just kidding) :D

Latest posts