• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

November 1, 2016

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Deer%20cavorting%20by%20the%20pond_zps0pqy2ouq.jpg

Deer cavorting by the pond

Strutting%20his%20stuff_zpsuxsnfkvv.jpg

Strutting his stuff

Look%20theres%20a%20windmill_zpsk94wnwlw.jpg

Look, there's a windmill!

It%20makes%20a%20nice%20hat_zpssno72h8u.jpg

It makes a nice head ornament.

Leander%20Creek_zpsydcai3pd.jpg

Leander Creek

Crossing%20the%20creek%20with%20cattle_zps6d0n4zdo.jpg

Crossing the creek with cattle

A%20few%20hours%20later_zpsf5jjyclo.jpg

A few hours later

Bit%20of%20a%20hard%20hill%20to%20pull_zpslxjsjy2e.jpg

Bit of a hard pull up the hill

Soapweeds%20on%20the%20hillside_zpsofxap5a5.jpg

Soapweeds on the hillside

Cattle%20strung%20out_zpss2vlarfy.jpg

Cattle strung out

Meandering%20along_zpssnci9gqx.jpg

Meandering along

Going%20through%20a%20gate_zpspwjxt4zl.jpg

Going through a gate

Thanks for the 'pasture and related activities' tour, Soapweed. I turned down an opportunity to do that here a couple of days ago. I thought I was too tired to enjoy it, and have regretted missing the fun of one of our spectacularly beautiful fall days seeing some of the 'back side' of the ranch ever since. Next time maybe I won't be so foolish! Those creeks you have are so beautiful. Do they have nice bottoms, or do you have to haul in rock to make places to drive across? Of course, ours are all mud that gets pretty deep IF they run for more than 15 minutes in the spring. We have gotten pretty good brush and trees built up along them (with timely grazing and letting nature do the planting) over the past 59 years. And after seeing some parts of the Cottonwood Fire (maybe 30 miles west of us) we are so thankful for what we have and the fact it has never had a big prairie fire within our knowledge going back to 1900.

mrj

Latest posts