• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

off topic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cow pollinater said:
I'm back to being dog poor. I bought a started dog and a pup a few months ago. I lost the started dog in a thunderstorm (still not sure what happened but a dead dog is a dead dog) and the pup tried to head off the mail truck and bring it back to me today. I'm back to two old grouchy retired bytches and a crippled houndish type therapy dog.

:( Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that. Not a good day.

I have stooped to a level I said I would never. Apparently I'm a hay trader now gotta go get me some of them short ceegars to stick in the corner of my mouth.

Btw I'm a salesman in real life so it's easy to do I just can't take advantage of people. But I sold everything I made off of the gift fields .

Drove over 800 miles and spent a stupid amount of money yesterday, to get my wife a miniature Yorkie for her birthday. Someone kick me.

Traveler said:
Drove over 800 miles and spent a stupid amount of money yesterday, to get my wife a miniature Yorkie for her birthday. Someone kick me.

I think that was punishment enough

Traveler said:

Clearly you, very much, love your wife.

No need to kick you, given enough time, that little dog will bit you. :wink:

Took my wife with me to buy some cows off the farm today. She cried when she saw how poor they looked. Very sad day for us.

highgrit said:
Took my wife with me to buy some cows off the farm today. She cried when she saw how poor they looked. Very sad day for us.

I've seen it sometimes and cried too. Was it in a spot where there was drought, or was it just poor management?
If horses were treated like some cows, the owners would be turned in.

It was just plum disrespect for a animals well being. And no management at all, his pastures were solid weeds. The guy was a horder and 75 years old with no family. He had a decent hay field but sold all the hay instead of feeding it. He just doesn't care and won't spend a dime on up keep or maintenance. Very sad deal, just goes to prove money can't buy happiness.

highgrit said:
It was just plum disrespect for a animals well being. And no management at all, his pastures were solid weeds. The guy was a horder and 75 years old with no family. He had a decent hay field but sold all the hay instead of feeding it. He just doesn't care and won't spend a dime on up keep or maintenance. Very sad deal, just goes to prove money can't buy happiness.

That is sad indeed. The worst has got to be that there is a perfectly good hayfield (grass=food) but the cattle can't have it. :mad:

We moved about eighteen months ago from central CA to eastern OK. We bought a home sight unseen to go with the ranch we wanted and recently decided to sell it and build on the ranch. I was grumbling today about moving stuff again and my daughter reminded me that this time I only have to haul it fifteen minutes. Sometimes I wish I had the clarity of a child's mind.

The Yorkie mentioned above is now ~~2 lbs. of pure ferocity. Rules over the big dog.

The ongoing weaning project is winding down. Moved some cows back to pasture that we pulled the calves last Tuesday, and rounded up that last ~300 pairs and got them within 5 miles of the corrals. Oops, it's Sunday.

Latest posts