• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ok, How Authentic Would This Documentary Film Be?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cody-n-Nancy

Reaction score
Ocean of Grass, taken on a full-blown ranch in the sandhills of Nebraska. The Director, who done the documentary, states that it is as "authentic as possible, with real ranch cowboys and cowgirls".

It originally came out sometime between 2017 and 2018, but is now on Blu-Raye and regular DVD.

We aren't getting it, even though we had thought about getting it. We've seen a few of these documentaries and this is just another one involving ranching.

I bought three copies. It's fairly realistic. The trouble to me, was it's made by non-ranchers and therefore it's slanted in a non-ranching direction. In other words it's not totally authentic. But it's pretty decent.

I bought three copies. It's fairly realistic. The trouble to me, was it's made by non-ranchers and therefore it's slanted in a non-ranching direction. In other words it's not totally authentic. But it's pretty decent.
I didn't think that ranchers could make their own documentaries. Expensive film equipment and experienced film makers are needed to do documentaries.

So, it does show the actual duties of ranching? I did watch the trailer and it seemed pretty realistic to me, from other ranching documentaries I've seen.

Latest posts