• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oreo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Oreo was a quad we raised as a bum last year she spent a month in a yellow lick tub in our house, everything that could go wrong went wrong but the little lamb lived. We kept her last fall , she had a little lamb today . I bet the not yet yearling ewe was not much over 50 lbs. when I sheared her.

I love it when the long shots work out. When I was born the doctors all told my parents to allow me to starve to death ( normal procedure in the 1940s ) as I had most of the left side of my face missing. My father was assistant chief of Police for the city of Indianapolis and his father was retiring as the 11th employee of Eli Lilly . The city of Indianapolis paid all the medical staff, Eli Lilly paid for all medications and "Riley, Long" ( now Riley children's hospital ) donated their facilities and I was an experiment that after 22 operations prior to my 2nd birthday lived. The staff has told me several times that with the things they learned saving me many advances have been made improving the care newborns are able to get.

I will never look like Robert Redford but most people do not see anything out of the normal and I have lived a good life!

I feel this might have been the start of what has made me into the man I am today.

The Lord will never give us more than we can handle - - - My mom used to tell me that all the time and I would reply he must think I'm Superman.

I might not have the compassion I have if I had not been helped thru rough times by others!

I'm not that much - - - I just don't know how to quit - - - My daughter, daughter-in-law and grand daughter put a website together for my campaign - - - go to www.georgeWking.com if you want to see what I have done for the community over the decades.

Thank you for sharing an amazing life story George. Your giving back to your community and country is also very admirable.

We knew from your Marines patch (and what is the correct name for it?) that you were an exceptional person.....and this new information reinforces that belief. It is amazing that some people who go through a lot of personal pain and have to work extra hard just to survive and grow up turn out to be strong people with high achievement in life. It makes me wonder how that happens when too many people who are given much just turn into lifetime 'takers' and don't do much with their lives.

It is interesting, too, to learn what makes a person tick, to turn out the way they do, so it is interesting to learn what brought you to where you are today. Good job! And what a tribute to your parents, as they were the 'developers' after the medical professionals did their part to fix you up so you COULD live. You have been blessed, and have also been a blessing to many.

mrj

Latest posts