• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pictures from late March through mid April of 2018

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Foggy%20day%20in%20late%20March%20of%202018_zpssaipxqyu.jpg

Foggy day in late March of 2018

Water%20on%20the%20way%20to%20join%20Bear%20Creek_zps0sfhfuyi.jpg

Water on the way to join Bear Creek

A%20pond%20in%20the%20pasture_zps4hkd4zpj.jpg

A pond in the pasture

Therapy%20dog_zpszrneciv3.jpg

Therapy dog

And%20another%20one_zpsi5qgeobd.jpg

And another one

On%20the%20way%20out_zpspjdkseco.jpg

Heading out the door.

Twin%20grandsons_zpswphp76vx.jpg

A pair of peas in a pod

Their%20cousin_zpsg03cim7l.jpg

Their cousin

Digging%20out%20hauling%20hay%20after%20the%20April%2013-14%202018%20blizzard_zpsvbpat7gl.jpg

Digging out and hauling hay after the April 13-14 blizzard of 2018

Sparky_zpsthuoj0at.jpg

Sparky's outfit has chains, which helps in the deep snow.

No%20netwrap%20on%20the%20Kosmo%20KIds%20back%20bale_zpstleojd1v.jpg

No netwrap on the back bale of this one that the Kosmo Kid is driving. He is skillful enough to get the hay hauled to the pasture first, and then it can explode. He will roll out what is still in bale form.

Peach%20with%20an%20extra%20seat%20for%20grandkids_zpsnhajg3p3.jpg

Peach with an extra seat for grandkids

My%20digger-outer%20outfit_zpsf2c2rhh4.jpg

My digger-outer outfit

My%20two%20sons%20and%20their%20mother_zps97v73ln6.jpg

My two sons and their mother

Hashing%20out%20a%20plan_zpssrundpe5.jpg

Hashing out a plan

That%20shoud%20theoretically%20work_zpsjc0r6dw4.jpg

That should theoretically work.

I%20couldnt%20ask%20for%20a%20better%20crew_zps9k0vldpr.jpg

I couldn't ask for a better crew. We also have a fine young man, Bryce Weisser from Wagner, South Dakota, who has been here for just a little over a year. He has done all of our night calving since about the middle of February. He was sleeping when these pictures were taken. Maybe after next week-end the weather will moderate enough, and calving will be near enough to being done, that he can go back to working during the daylight hours.

The%20old%20fat%20guy%20even%20got%20in%20one_zpsip5oigsg.jpg

The old fat guy even got in this one.

I%20need%20to%20get%20a%20fancy%20cap%20like%20the%20other%20two%20have._zpse4msymgi.jpg

I need to get a fancy cap like these other guys have. Notice the walkie-talkies in the boys' pockets. They use them when cell service doesn't work.

I found out about the middle of February that I had prostate cancer, and had it removed on March 27th. It is looking promising that I am now cancer free. Our son Will has been helping his brother Brock on the ranch since March 1st. We are very proud that he volunteered to help us when our going got rough. Except for the medical part of the dilemma and less-than-desirable weather, we have shared some very enjoyable times this spring. With the cold snowy weather, we are way behind, and have yet to do any branding. Oh well, the grass should grow quite decently when the snow melts in the very near future.

May God bless you and heal you, Soapweed. Sorry to hear of your illness. I wondered why the photos of the therapy dogs.
So good you have great help, that has to put your mind at rest for things on the homefront.
May the sun shine and the green grass grow.

Thanks for update I hope your recovery continues to go well. Your crew looks capable of the task at hand. It has been a long calving season here also but we were fortunate to not get the real heavy rain then snow so it could be far worse.

Glad to hear you are being looked after Soap.

I want you to Google "Chaga Tea" and seriously consider adding it to your daily drinks. It has done some great things for other friends with cancer. It is a good repellant to keep from getting it also.

Dave

Great pics. I suspect that the "digging out" and being out on the ranch is even better therapy than the dogs. Good luck with the recovery. Although I am sure it is good to know things are capably handled at home, you must be a bit nervous that you will be looking for work soon.

Congratulations on beating cancer!

I read an article the other day about how all of the vitamin and mineral supplements people take actually can increase the rates of certain cancers, like prostate, with no proven benefits, fwiw. I would try something like the Chaga Tea.

Congratulations to you and your docs on the recovery! May you stay on the cancer free road. It affects way too many people! I've battled thyroid and breast cancer, and just had a skin cancer removed from my nose. Strangely enough, a younger woman from our area was in the dermatologist office same day as I was, getting same type cancer removed......then learned another friend also had one removed from her nose the same week! Maybe it is the wicked SD sunshine! And we didn't know of the importance of wearing sun screens way back in the 'olden days' when we were kids. We range in age from maybe late '50's to upper '80's, and grew up within 80 miles of one another in western SD.

mrj

Latest posts