• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Price for building fence

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I was wondering what a good stout 4 strand barb wire fence with 6 foot t-posts and railroad tie corner braces costs in your areas per foot? Just curious for some comparisons for what I need to charge out here. Thanks! Either labor only or material included.

We are charging 4.50 a foot on mountain ground any brush cutting or chain saw work is extra if you want to get some practice come on up and I will let practice all you want

The guy here charges a dollar a foot, labor only....same $ for 4 or 5 strand, any kind of posts or corners you want. Clearing & saw or shear work is extra.

I surely appreciate all of your responses. I just bid a mile and a half of fence in some pretty hilly country on a labor only deal for .45 cents a foot. I am fairly sure I have the job and cant decide If I shoulda probably bid a little more into it. I will honor the price I quoted and see how this one goes. This just goes along with my motto of Buy high and Sell low. :D

But I am glad to have the extra work since I have a new set of braces to pay for on not-so-little H. :D :D :D

Cure, please tell me your $4.50 a foot price includes material!! :shock: And I don't need anymore practice but thanks for asking. :D

Thanks again everybody.

The 4.50 includes all the material which is four strands of barb and t post every 15 ft with wood dancers in between braces every quarter mile or where ever the terrain changes greatly I just talk to a fencing outfit up here that is putting a new fence in on some meadow ground all steel no wood at all and they charge 5.00 I am willing to bet the fence doesn't last ten years but not my money so I'm not going to tell them how to do it.

Latest posts