• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Pure Country

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Did you ever get those Galloway bulls sold-put a pic up of them so we can have a look at them. I seen Campbells yearlings along the road awhile ago-pretty nice set of grass steers.

I sold one 4 year old to a fellow from our Grazing Club. He cuts all his own beef and sells it off the farm, grass-finished, and likes the Galloway carcass, he says. I still have a 3yr old and a 2yr old. Had some folks from BC looking at them last night. Organic grass-finishers, too. But, these 2 bulls were a little too big for their liking. They wanted the REAL small type Galloways, and I have to admit these 2 bulls are a little bigger than I want. But if they were my ideal bulls I wouldn't be selling them would I? They've kept the girls settled for 2 years now, and thrown good calves.

Now that we have some purebred cows, and Kaisers' best Galloway bull, I'm looking forward to our stock getting better and better. Just the same though, we're going to sell 30 commercial pairs this fall, mainly to make room for more Galloways. All AngusXHerf, AngusXShorthorn, AngusXTarentaise cross cows, bred Galloway for May 5th calving. Anyone interested?

I'll post some pics of the bulls and cows when I get a chance. I seem to be saying that alot lately. :roll:

Latest posts