• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Redneck Sunday Afternoon.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
I probably should have been fencing, or working in the shop or something this afternoon, but instead, me and my 2 oldest boys,(14 and 16) went shooting gophers(Richardson's ground squirrels). We justified it by saying that this had at least as much economic value to our operation as actually working. It is,after all, Sunday afternoon and them gophers can clean off many acres of feed or pasture if you don't control them!!!
Anyway, we put 3 lawn chairs on the deck of my old one-ton Ford, grabbed some guns and some cold drinks and had agreat afternoon.We found some arrowheads,got rid of a LOT of gophers, and generally had a good time.
No wonder most of us are willing to live on a little less cash when we can enjoy life like this!!! :lol: :lol:

You're absolutely right. The biggest problem that too many of us have is the ability to quit the work and go have fun. 6 or 7 years from now when those two are gone you'll be glad you took the time to have a redneck Sunday afternoon. PRIORITIES: a hundred years from now it will not matter how big my bank account was, how big my house was, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child. Take a few more of those days, you never know what the future holds, and that is good clean fun, very inexpensive time well spent. :!:

You both got the deal figured out.

These are the reasons i left home and hearth to drive 200 miles on Saturday. I saw lots of friends and got my motor reved up for quite some time. Better stress reliever than hollerin' at the little woman or cussin' the nieghbor! :lol:

Tim----thanks for the reminder that sometimes just spending an afternoon or two with kids while they are still willing to be "seen with" us is the best recipe!! years from now, they will remember this day and SMILE :D :D

Latest posts