• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Results of the mornings hunt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Went to bed:3:45... woke up at 5. got dad to drop me off at 550. 30 seconds after I sat down in my blind, 3 bucks ranging from prolly 115-130 erupted from the bush 5 yards in front of me, ran within 10 yards but the bush was heavy so I diddnt shoot. I heard a branch snap, looked to my right and there was a 110 class whitetail with 2 does trailing him. I picked up my grunt tube. I blew softly. He waltzed up to me.... 5 yards away, no more, no less, and my buddy in the bush beside mine blew... the buck an over there... this kept up for 10 mins or so. Finally, I just wailed on the tube and he took off... it was so funny he fell out of his tree stand (he was tied up there tho)he laughed so hard. lol. After about 5 minutes hoisting him back up there, he walked down, hopped in his truck and took off... so i had to walk the whole 6 km home in the sticky mud with running shoes and i kept getting stuck,.... saw a bruiser in with the cattle.... diddnt go get him cause i was too tired. lol. Gonna try this Evening again.

Yep I sure did. lol.

Today we went out to look for the 25 missign feeders of ours that we turned to pasture, and we saw 3 mulie bucks, 4 whitetail bucks, and a few does... y'allways see the big ones when ya cant hunt. lol.

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Yep I sure did. lol.

Today we went out to look for the 25 missign feeders of ours that we turned to pasture, and we saw 3 mulie bucks, 4 whitetail bucks, and a few does... y'allways see the big ones when ya cant hunt. lol.
8) They call that scouting.Plus there are just plain fun to watch.Chase the big ones west

Latest posts