• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thanksgiving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I spent the day hauling wood and was alone with my thoughts. I pondered a while, on all the blessing I have in my life. How thankful I am for the freedom I enjoy by living is this great country. How thankful I am to live far from big cities and have the peace and solitude that this desert brings. How thankful I am for ancestors who sacrificed and struggled and worked so hard to carve a living here, and have left me such a magnificent legacy. How thankful I am for wonderful parents, who love me and have taught me so much about life and how to live a decent life. How thankful I am for wonderful neighbors who are willing to help anyone at anytime. How thankful I am for a simply perfect wife who has loved me completely and forgives my many faults and scars. How thankful I am for two amazing kids who never cease to amaze me with their goodness and kindness and work ethic and love. How thankful I am for a good horse to throw a leg over and for desert mountains to ride across. How thankful I am for the bugle of a bull elk or the tom turkey and his glorious gobble. How thankful I am for my health and my ability to provide for my family. How thankful I am for nature, for the changing of the seasons, for rain and for the sunrise each day. And How thankful I am for God and His Goodness, for His blessing my life daily, and for His Son, who has done more than words can say for me. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! And may you each know that, even though distance separates us, I treasure the friendships and acquaintances I have made here. Take a moment to think about the blessings in your own life. Look for ways to be a blessing in the lives of others who need it. Give thanks as often as you are able. And have a wonderful Thanksgiving by eating a juicy beef roast, or a tender ribeye or a delicious hamburger. Turkey is for folks who just don't know any better! :cboy:

At our Thanksgiving table there was our son, three employees and their families, and my parents. Am thankful to have such a great bunch that work together like a well oiled machine day in and day out. Everyone seemed to enjoy the turkey and ham that my wife cooked to perfection, but then again there's a big freezer we keep full of home raised corn fed beef that they all use out of, so meat from the bottom feeders was a bit of a change. Great day!

Happy Day after to all of you. We are blessed with all we have, most is similar to what 'H said.

Latest posts