• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thrusdays big OPPS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score

slipped over the edge of a big ditch bank

think the back bale help keep the tractor from flipping over

down hill tires hit the lower bank and stopped the tip.
Neighbor brought his big White tractor down and pulled me out on the lower bank of the ditch.
Took him a flourless Chocolate cake, with a Almond past center and a chocolate -almond frosting.

I was so intrigued, I finally found a recipe for flourless chocolate cake!
Chocolate Cake

Author: Linda Etherton

Recipe type: Dessert

Serves: 10

Ingredients
8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Earth Balance buttery sticks, or butter
1 cup sugar (see note)
6 large eggs
¾ cup cocoa powder

For the Glaze
4 ounces chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening
1 tablespoon coconut milk
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon vanilla

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 325°.
2.Cut a circle of parchment paper to fit a 9 – 10 inch spring form pan. Grease the bottom and sides of the pan. Put the parchment paper in the bottom and grease the top of the paper.
3.In a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and butter (or substitute). Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4.Beat in the sugar.
5.Beat in the eggs one at a time.
6.Sift in the cocoa and stir just until blended.
7.Pour into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
8.Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until the cake is just firm in the center.
9.Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan, invert it onto a plate, remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper. Cool completely.

For the Glaze
1.Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave or a double boiler.
2.Stir in the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
3.Pour the glaze onto the center of the cooled cake and spread it with a spatula over the top and down the sides.
4.Refrigerate the cake for at least one hour to set the glaze.

Notes

You can add up to ½ cup more sugar if you want a very sweet cake. As is, the cake is mildly sweet.

I sympathize with your tractor troubles, Jody. I had a similar situation on May 2, 2011. The radio in the tractor was on, and all the news was what a hero Obama was for taking out Osama bin Laden. It was making me mad, that he was basking in all the glory for something that others orchestrated and accomplished. Being mad, I wasn't driving as carefully as I should have been, and had big troubles because of it. Here is Carol's description of the deal in her diary:

May 2, 2011 -- 50 degrees. NOT windy!! :) Little bitty snow/rain flurries would scurry thru then sun came out and got hot for 30 minutes or so, then cold and flurries again. Steve took his tractor and bale mover to S. Rickett for hay, but got stuck coming out loaded. I took the Agco tractor to him and he removed the bales. Then he was able to back himself out. Then he fell in the hole on the south crossing and tipped that axel (on a D&W bale mover) upside down and rolled two bales into the fence above the culvert drain on LInenbrinks' pasture. He was able to get one bale out with the loader, but it was too steep for a tractor to get the second one. We got his axel straightened out. Then we used the Hydra Bed on the pickup to back down to get the other bale. We fed double so we can brand tomorrow.

Yep, Jody, stuff happens. I can even blame Obama for my troubles that day. :)

Looks like you need to get that dog driving lessons Jody! :) That is a lot of snow. We have been muddy mess for a week but we are starting to dry out some. Its been a fine winter here and from your pictures it still is up there!

Latest posts