• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Top of the world

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
A couple of older pictures. The wife and I sitting on top of the hill on the back of our property. I know the picture isn't recent because the old Bear dog has been gone for about 16 months. The second picture would have been taken slightly to the left looking down into the valley. When you are there it feels like you are looking down our chimney.

62102254_10212174318987000_3918806870441066496_n.jpg
P9101171.JPG

Steep country. My favorite places to ride is in the steep ledged country. Pretty country for sure.
Nobody rides that face. Mainly because the cows don't even graze it. The house is at 2700 feet. The top of the hill is 4700. Measured horizontally it is a mile from the house to the top of the hill. The first third of a mile it only goes up about 200 feet.

Nobody rides that face. Mainly because the cows don't even graze it. The house is at 2700 feet. The top of the hill is 4700. Measured horizontally it is a mile from the house to the top of the hill. The first third of a mile it only goes up about 200 feet.
Sounds like our backyard. Throw in shale slides and granite ledges.

Once you get up over the top it is pretty nice. But all those slopes going down toward the river come under the definition of steep. It is easy to see why nobody homesteaded a lot of the is country. This is it looks like once you climb up that first face.

P7041108.JPG

Latest posts