• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Tough Beans!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
P1010010.jpg

The boys lost a tough football game tonight 14-13-this team had whipped them 36-10 last time they played so they played alot better. Here's Ty hauling one in one handed.

Looks like Tys gettin er done, heartbreaker, but they must be improving since they last played them. We just got home from one of the best football games I have ever seen. Roundup homecoming, behind 20-0 first quarter, 28-7 halftime. End of third quarter, 28-28, with 1:20 remaining fourth quarter, Roundup tied the game 34-34 and kicked the extra point, 35-34. Three plays later, fumble recovery by Roundup, kneel down, game over. The kids showed some real heart and never gave up. Didn't take the camera, should have, I bet some Marine in Iraq would love to see pictures of this one.

Well, NR, the boys did well.

The reason I'm on here so late tonight is that we got home late from our "Podunk" football team in Roundup, MT. It is homecoming tonight, and I thought what a bummer they are going to lose their Homecoming game, plus this is #2 home game of 3 total. I was ready to throw the towel in after the first quarter, but MCG was in the Pep Band and for playing she got 1 hours' worth of practice time for band (plus she got to play football off the field with her friends).

First quarter, 20-0, Rival team.

First half, 28-7 Rival team.

Our little podunk team came back the second half and got caught up. The last 2 minutes of the game they made a touchdown, 35-34, OUR team :!: That had to've been the most exciting Roundup High School football game I've ever seen! It was so neat to see the heart in that team and YAY!!!! they won their Homecoming game!!!! :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap:

Hanta Yo said:
Well, NR, the boys did well.

The reason I'm on here so late tonight is that we got home late from our "Podunk" football team in Roundup, MT. It is homecoming tonight, and I thought what a bummer they are going to lose their Homecoming game, plus this is #2 home game of 3 total. I was ready to throw the towel in after the first quarter, but MCG was in the Pep Band and for playing she got 1 hours' worth of practice time for band (plus she got to play football off the field with her friends).

First quarter, 20-0, Rival team.

First half, 28-7 Rival team.

Our little podunk team came back the second half and got caught up. The last 2 minutes of the game they made a touchdown, 35-34, OUR team :!: That had to've been the most exciting Roundup High School football game I've ever seen! It was so neat to see the heart in that team and YAY!!!! they won their Homecoming game!!!! :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap:

That would be pretty exciting. Congratulations to the come-back team.

We had the comeback in place but missed a couple short field goals in the 4th quarter-not really the kickers fault that field was pretty slick just couldn't get a good plant. Coach said that was their best game since they started football again after three years. That's too bad your guys only get to play three games-we have an eight game season here plus playoffs-mind you our closest away game in 120 miles away lol.

That's too bad your guys only get to play three games

I'm sorry, NR. What I meant there are only 3 home games, all the other games are played elsewhere. Roundup lost their first home game, and the only games they've won so far was last weekend with Red Lodge and this weekend against Shepard. Those boys needed a shot in the arm and they gave it their best! :nod: :nod:

Dontcha just hate those slippery football fields.... :!:

It's part of a big multiuse facility-six ball diamionds,walking paths-and an 800 metre rubberized track-the track circles the footrball field and kind of holds water on it. Ohh yeah there's a tobbagan hill and a whole bunch of camper hookups there too-it borders an 18 hole grass green golf course. Geez you'd think I was doing an infomercial or a plug for some folks to visit lol. Do you play nine man football there-it would be pretty cool to play a home and home set of exhibition games. We could use the extra down lol.

Hey Hanta Yo- our coach is ready to do a home and home with you guys next fall if your up to it. That would be pretty fun stuff I'm thinkin'.

Northern Rancher said:
Hey Hanta Yo- our coach is ready to do a home and home with you guys next fall if your up to it. That would be pretty fun stuff I'm thinkin'.

Huh? (Blonde moment from MCG) However, I'M not blonde. Your coach is ready to do ?????

We'll go play you an exhibition game then you come play us one-I think it would be alot of fun-our school teams are already going 400 miles south for basketball so it wouldn't be all that much farther. I bet your guys would like a trip to the Great White North lol.

That's the side of a grocery store lol. Yes they play CFL rules-the coach said today #26 had 191 yards rushing and Ty had just under a 100 rushing and over a 100 on punt and kick returns-for a young bunch of guys they're playing pretty good-great coaches help lots too. Kind of nice to be able to watch a kid play when you aren't coaching them lol.

Northern Rancher said:
We'll go play you an exhibition game then you come play us one-I think it would be alot of fun-our school teams are already going 400 miles south for basketball so it wouldn't be all that much farther. I bet your guys would like a trip to the Great White North lol.

LOL I think that would be great but I don't think it would be in the budget :? Want me to send you the name of the Activities Director for Roundup? I guess we could approach him about the idea...MCG stayed with them during the week last spring when she was in track. What do you think?? You can PM me about it.

Latest posts