• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

tractor hydraulic line problem

Help Support Ranchers.net:

m5farm

Reaction score
About at my wit's end with this line. It is main line coming off the pump and goes to remotes. NH tl100a. PO replaced it 4 yrs ago when original line started leaking. I developed a leak at the junction Sunday. I replaced the oring and then Monday it started again . closer inspection shows it has a hairline crack on line. I removed it and remembered the original was in the cabinet at the barn tried to find when it leaked at 4 yrs ago and couldn't find it. But the flange was brazed so I suspect he actually had it repaired, ( he was most likely drunk so he can't remember) I installed it and ran it 4 hrs baling yesterday and it started spewing again. After a little research there is a seal that goes in along with Oring . and of course dealer does not have it in stock. I replaced oring today again and was able to get finished.

Good luck. Seriously, I don't think New Hollands can be fixed. We tried.

Traveler said:
Good luck. Seriously, I don't think New Hollands can be fixed. We tried.

this is the first one ive owned , It came with a land deal , Really nice tractor very comfortable , Its an 05 model and when I bought it only had 1200 hrs , last night when I got off of it. it has 1449 hrs now . it really has not had any issues until now. I will get this problem solved eventually .

Big Muddy rancher said:
Can you get the right ends to get a rubber line built?

The line that split I took by machine shop and he brazed it . said if it didn't hold he could weld a jic fitting on the flange and then I could get a hose made. That's the route I will go if this line fails . the whole issue is with the connection to to valve body with Oring and seal. Poor design IMO

m5farm said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

The line that split I took by machine shop and he brazed it . said if it didn't hold he could weld a jic fitting on the flange and then I could get a hose made. That's the route I will go if this line fails . the whole issue is with the connection to to valve body with Oring and seal. Poor design IMO

The oring didn't cause the tube to crack. That's a stress crack, a horizontal crack is caused by pressure. There's no doubt you'll figure it out.

highgrit said:
m5farm said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

The oring didn't cause the tube to crack. That's a stress crack, a horizontal crack is caused by pressure. There's no doubt you'll figure it out.

Your right and it could be from taking it on and off several times too. I got the seal today and im not impressed . Its just a little plastic ring that goes on outside of the O ring. This has to be fixed whether I use a hard line or soft because of how it mates to the valve body.

Would a piece of leather possibly work as a seal guard. I'm sure you'll figure it out, patent the fix and sell it back to New Holland for a million.

Tip of the iceberg. I could make a list of all the things that went wrong with the ones we had but people might think I was being mean.

One thing, if you've got fwa, they don't hold a bucketful of oil like some others. Check those hubs. You might not even see them leak, but they'll run out of oil and make steel hamburger out of the innards.

Traveler said:
Tip of the iceberg. I could make a list of all the things that went wrong with the ones we had but people might think I was being mean.

One thing, if you've got fwa, they don't hold a bucketful of oil like some others. Check those hubs. You might not even see them leak, but they'll run out of oil and make steel hamburger out of the innards.

as a matter of fact I checked the fluid in them last week . they were a little low but not empty ,

Latest posts