• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Video Commission vs. Sale Barn?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

High Plains

Reaction score
Just doing a little homework. I'd like to know what the standard commission rate is for selling calves on the video. Was told 2.5% by one fella but I've got a lot more friends here that can dispute or confirm it. Curious what the typical sale barn figure would be, I guess including yardage to go with it. Thanks to any who have the info. :D

We just sold some yearlings at an auction barn and it cost us $12/head to sell them, but that is including everything, trucking, vet, checkoff, feed, brand, commission, insurance, etc. We are selling some on Superior this week, and it is a flat 2%. We have a 2% shrink on them for the video, but I think they shrunk even more at the barn. I think that is where it evens out some.

BRG said:
We just sold some yearlings at an auction barn and it cost us $12/head to sell them, but that is including everything, trucking, vet, checkoff, feed, brand, commission, insurance, etc. We are selling some on Superior this week, and it is a flat 2%. We have a 2% shrink on them for the video, but I think they shrunk even more at the barn. I think that is where it evens out some.

2 3/4 commission at ring here.

other fees on top.

larger groups, they want them in nite before.

I think the shrink would horrify a guy--and that's on feed and water---but feed, water and surroundings they ain't used to.

I've had cows shrink 5% and bulls 7%---on one lot I loaded off a cert scale here.

think northern video is right @ 2%--and will let you 'no sale' them once---do it a second time and you pay the 2---I think.

Latest posts