• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Videos of Chopping corn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted some silage chopping photos. This morning I downloaded our videos. Have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/GillRedAngus?hc_location=stream

Mike said:
How much Nitrogen did you put down on the corn?

We hire 100% of the farming done. They put a starter fert on (not sure what it is) and then 150 lbs Nitrogen. The population was 18,500 kernels/acre.

The population was 18,500 kernels/acre

This was the number of seeds planted? Seems pretty low for here but taking into consideration the difference in rainfall between here and up there maybe not. Some guys here plant 50,000.

You have an excellent crop there, by the way.

Mike said:

This was the number of seeds planted? Seems pretty low for here but taking into consideration the difference in rainfall between here and up there maybe not. Some guys here plant 50,000.

Yes, this is the # of seeds planted per acre. Some plant 21,000 here, but they are on a little heavier soil. We NORMALLY don't get the rain in July and August and the soil is REALLY sandy and hardly any top soil. I think the county average for ton/acre is like 8, and this crop gave us 14.5, which is the best we have ever had.

BRG said:
Mike said:

Yes, this is the # of seeds planted per acre. Some plant 21,000 here, but they are on a little heavier soil. We NORMALLY don't get the rain in July and August and the soil is REALLY sandy and hardly any top soil. I think the county average for ton/acre is like 8, and this crop gave us 14.5, which is the best we have ever had.

You done good. That will be some excellent feed on those cold winter nights...........

Latest posts