• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Weather?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We got down to 34° one morning, but were lucky to dodge a frost. I know that doesn't seem cold to a lot of you, but that's close to a record low for us this early in the year.

37 days since my last post and still no rain.Nobody has planted Winter wheat here and won't even think about it until there's some measurable rainfall.Usually guys that are going to run cattle on wheat thru the Winter will have it up by now.I'd bet lots of cattle will hit the sale barns around soon.Looks as if I'll thin my older cows out some.Sure do hate to get rid of some good cows.

We been in the 50s for highs and in the single digits at night. Mountain has dusting of snow on the north slopes. Sure has been a fine fall so far on the desert.

Tuesday night will be s prethanksgiving shock. 16f with 20 mph gusts. That would be January weather for here.

Winter started too darn early here. It's all white. We keep getting SNOW.
Today and tomorrow in the 50's so maybe some will melt, then more snow forcast for Sunday.
Next week looks to be in the 40's. We haven't had any fall to speak of. Indian summer is
my favorite time.....didn't get to enjoy it this year, because it didn't happen.
The elk have come down by our house, the deer act hungry. Hope this goes off so there
is more for them to eat.

We have the same complaint that a lot of the rest of you have - seems as if it went straight from summer into winter and we've already had four hard frosts. It's really just now getting to be time for our first killing frost, but everything is already brown. We had a nice fall day yesterday with temps in the mid-70's, but those nice fall days have been rare.

Looks as if we'll pay for it later today and tonight, though, with temps forecast to be in the mid-20's by Tuesday morning. Supposed to have rain all day with strong north winds and temps falling rapidly after noon. Wet, windy cold is just rough on cattle no where where they are.

Cattle still really haven't haired-up around here, so it's gonna be tough on some of them. Especially the old 'one more calf' girls that we probably kept one year too long and the thin cutting bulls that seemed too cheap but still aren't straightened out yet. It's gonna be rough on all of them, and while it would be easy to blame unseasonable weather, there's really nothing to blame other than the poor management.

Spent yesterday cutting firewood. Started the morning with a vest over two shirts. By ten i was down to one shirt. Bucks are getting rutty and seeing a lot of deer. Still crisp at night. Last night was 11F but it warms up to 50F during the day. I am pouring cement friday and will attempt to post pictures. I about gave up with all the hoops it takes to jump through on here.

I check in from time to time and need to be better at posting. Miss you bunch

leanin' H said:
Spent yesterday cutting firewood. Started the morning with a vest over two shirts. By ten i was down to one shirt. Bucks are getting rutty and seeing a lot of deer. Still crisp at night. Last night was 11F but it warms up to 50F during the day. I am pouring cement friday and will attempt to post pictures. I about gave up with all the hoops it takes to jump through on here.

I check in from time to time and need to be better at posting. Miss you bunch

We miss you! We miss your pictures. Don't know why Macon can't make it easier to post photos. He must not care.
Hope life is treating you well.

Latest posts