• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where's Faster Horses? Where's Bob M ? Where's MRJ? + more

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We will most likely lose a few here,
I believe MRJ said she would be away for 2 weeks, I talked to Soapweed yesterday, BobM is away also, I think SH found he was out on a limb, and when he looked again, all of his companians had left him. Faster horse is registered, I think she just has to find her bearings on this new format.

nr like your avatar! When I started with the cows instead of running yearlings I was breeding lots of hfrs. so I was using Long Horn and Watusi bulls . I really liked the calves off the Watusi bull that i used but those big horns were a little scary to be around as he could pick up a big round straw bale with one and toss it. We kept him until he was three and ate him and the skull is up in the gallery and really impressive. We called our bull "BRUCEY THE WASTUSI"
I was going to use him but the wife said i had better use a Angus as that's all we use now. I think Haymaker is missing in action as well.

Big Muddy rancher said:
nr like your avatar! When I started with the cows instead of running yearlings I was breeding lots of hfrs. so I was using Long Horn and Watusi bulls . I really liked the calves off the Watusi bull that i used but those big horns were a little scary to be around as he could pick up a big round straw bale with one and toss it. We kept him until he was three and ate him and the skull is up in the gallery and really impressive. We called our bull "BRUCEY THE WASTUSI"
I was going to use him but the wife said i had better use a Angus as that's all we use now. I think Haymaker is missing in action as well.

I see Haymaker's hanging out more on Cattletoday now-- Talking of Watusi's- I had a friends kid that thought he wanted to be a bull rider- I was taking my son to a lot of youth rodeos then- he was about 8 and they were riding yearling bulls and some steers-- This kid was about 14-so he came along- we were over at Wolf Point and since he was older they ran him in this young watusi bull -- anyway every time he tried to pull his rope that thing would reach back with them horns and clobber his arm- decided he did not want to be a bull rider.......

OT---i wonder if that would work for my 5 year old future wannabe ty murray!!!! i have tried everything else.....gone to the rodeos, seen all the movies (8 seconds, cowboy up, etc, etc) and even put him on one of the bigger steer calves during branding and nothing has detered him so far!!! any suggestions would be helpful!!! as a nurse, everytime i even see my daughter get smacked with an elbow at one of her basketball games, i wince and cover my eyes....lord help me if i have to watch my youngest get on a bull!!!

Faster Horses, I see you are in SE Montana area. We visited about "A Crock of Beef" - would like to visit with you more. If you need any information about it, just e-mail me. San Antonio was great, but the weather was not. :cry:

ranchwife said:
OT---i wonder if that would work for my 5 year old future wannabe ty murray!!!! i have tried everything else.....gone to the rodeos, seen all the movies (8 seconds, cowboy up, etc, etc) and even put him on one of the bigger steer calves during branding and nothing has detered him so far!!! any suggestions would be helpful!!! as a nurse, everytime i even see my daughter get smacked with an elbow at one of her basketball games, i wince and cover my eyes....lord help me if i have to watch my youngest get on a bull!!!

ranchwife--I don't know if anything works when they get it in their blood--only thing that stopped my son was when he grew bigger than the bulls- then he fell in love with football-became a 6'2" 240 lb linebacker-I even discouraged him from doing much bulldogging because I didn't want him to hurt his knees and screw up all the football scholarship offers he had- then his senior year he blew his knee bad- tore ACL and tore out bone-- after 2 surgeries he still played in college- but he never could get the speed or strength back in it-- still bothers him riding...

They will do what they want to do- and they can get hurt just as bad walking across the street...........

Latest posts