• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

560 heston baler

Help Support Ranchers.net:

littlejoe

Reaction score
I had a neighbor who had one of these---couldn't make it bale and couldn't sell it. I was looking at it today---it's seen way less hay than my 535.

I bought it from him a couple yrs ago for scrap price, it had new tires on it and I figured all the chains sprockets hoses might have a use--plus have seen some neat homemade windrow turners made outa round balers.

I have another long time friend who used to run one of these--and seeing as how the guy I bought it from really wasn't very handy mechanical wise, I thought maybe the second guy could give me some tips.

"I don't want no part of that rotten @@#$#$%$%!!" etc, was his reply.

Anybody own of them, run one of them, have any opinions? Thanks.

Make sure your belts are all the same length and the bale forming flaps are in good shape.I believe the belts should be 47'6".They are a good baler if you know how to maintain them.

I had a 565A and loved it, until it burned. Bought a Case 8465, same baler. A year later, same field, same bearing got to smoking. Other then the bearings causing fits, they worked great.

smalltime said:
Make sure your belts are all the same length and the bale forming flaps are in good shape.I believe the belts should be 47'6".They are a good baler if you know how to maintain them.

562.5" I think. Starting flaps need to be replaced, for me anyways, about every 1000 bales or even a little less. If they aren't decent, that baler will drive a man to drink.

LazyWP said:
I had a 565A and loved it, until it burned. Bought a Case 8465, same baler. A year later, same field, same bearing got to smoking. Other then the bearings causing fits, they worked great.

We have an 8465 and get along great, it's the second one we've had. You can pick them up cheap and they are essentially idiot proof.

Latest posts