• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mccall Saddle and What size bars

Help Support Ranchers.net:

buttermilkqhgirl

Reaction score
Well, I am new on here, and have been researching saddle fit, and well to much info and I am getting more confused then settle in my decision. I want to get a Mccall Lady Wade. I wanted to get a FQHB, but called and they told me about the regular 90 degree with extra wide angles! I have a 15.2 hand Quarter horse, pretty wide, and not high withered. Can anyone help me out here? I used the saddleshops templates, and the 94 degree angles were more to his fitting, but worry about overall fit with the full bars. Thanks in advance [/img]

McCall saddles are about as good of a production saddle as you can get and you can customize them to whatever your budget will allow. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a wade. As far as the bar size goes, don't get too hung up on fitting one saddle to one horse. A good saddle will last for decades. One horse will not last the lifetime of a saddle. Get a good common tree and you should be able to adjust and custom fit with blankets and pads. When I was 17 I took out a loan to buy a new saddle. I'm still using that same saddle and I couldn't begin to count the horses that old thing has been on. At the moment my string consists of 6 geldings that are in different stages of training. They run the gammut from 14 H and 1000# to 16 H and 1400#. I use the same two saddles on all of them. It just depends which I catch and saddle first.

Latest posts