• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Photo Game

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My brother was logging one summer, living in a sheep camp wagon , but had a hot water heater hooked to his truck manifold to shower. Well a forest fire came up he had to move his sheep camp and was drafted to stay and fight the fire using his chain saw. He had to stay in the Forest Service man camp. Well they been in town buying supplies tents bed rolls etc. Asked my brother if he got one of those $300 sleeping bags he said "nope they gave out paper ones" . After the fire he was back to work and watch as the forest service took a cat dug a pit and buried new tents and bed rolls.

Sadly the former posts pretty much sum up the story of this fire (caused by lightning). Picture was taken 1 hour AFTER the fire was officially declared "inactive" by the fire warden. He left and we saw smoke coming up, this time the fire got 4 times as big as it was when it was left as "job accomplished". We showed up with tools and water - the fire fighters with empty trucks waiting for a new task force to be put together ... while we were spraying and shoveling. I always had the highest respect for fire fighters, but this time was a farce.

However - where is the picture of the full reservoir? :wink:

Baptism023.jpg

I would like to see a picture of a concert you have attended recently.

Faster horses said:
Ok, gcreek, Mr. FH has questions. How old were you in that picture?
Where was it at? Who was your header? Is that your horse? And of course,
did you catch both feet.

Like Baxter Black says, "you catch the head and I'll catch the foots." :D

Dave is busy with house work so he told me to answer for him. :D

He was 14 when the picture was taken. :wink:

The rest of the questions will be answered when Jack goes up to help hay this summer. :lol: :lol:

Which should work out fine since you have none of your own to put up. :?

Maybe Jack could stop in here for a couple of weeks on his way north and help with mine. :D :D

http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/The_Hump_Oct_0_09_271.jpg
How about FH's silhouette photo

per said:
http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/The_Hump_Oct_0_09_271.jpg
How about FH's silhouette photo[/quote]
Forgot how to do this, I might get it together, or not.

Faster horses said:
Ok, gcreek, Mr. FH has questions.

How old were you in that picture? 37

Where was it at? Anahim Lake Stampede, are there other rodeos? :p

Who was your header? Bud 'One Swing' Lawlor, an old time cowboy who made his retirement funds as a surveyor and land trader in the 70's and 80's and now lives to rope. He is from Quesnel.

Is that your horse? Yes, her name was PF Cecelia Formula, the mother to the horse we sent to L.A. I put her down 2 years ago at 22. Best horse I ever owned. :(

And of course,
did you catch both feet. Nope. But we placed third because most everyone else roped poorer than we did. :wink:

Like Baxter Black says, "you catch the head and I'll catch the foots." :D

Latest posts