• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1200lb showsteer bloated this morning first time

Help Support Ranchers.net:

volivier

Reaction score
My daughters showsteer is bloated this morning, he's never done it before. We won the county show with him, but holding him for state fair and kansas junior livestock show. Tried to put a hose down him, but not much came out, pooping lightly I know he needs to do more. Any suggestions? I am driving after some "thera bloat" from vet nearby now...any help would be wonderfull. Hasn't gotten into any feed or hay.

Thanks so much, family in kansas.

You are on the right track with the Therabloat. We have had good luck with it. It will take a frothy bloat down in a very short time. I have used ,when nothing else was available, just plain ole cooking oil. put a pint or so down them and it will help relieve the bloat. Just watch him so if he gets really uncomfortable and is laboring to breath, you can take some measures to help him survive. Try to keep him walking and don't let him lay down if he is having trouble breathing. If he lays down, sometimes they will die.
Good luck.

Latest posts