• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1969?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oh- If it only were 1969--------The only computer would be the huge one that took up the whole basement of the math/science building-- I was single-in college- and this being a weekend would have been somewhere between SD to the West coast at a college rodeo- in a motel or camper trying to wake up and see who my sleeping partner(s) were that ended up crawling in during the night after the rodeo dance...Next step would be to wander to the rodeo office to see if they had the Sunday draw posted- and if by chance the gals there had some coffee going and a roll for breakfast, as you probably were lucky to have $10 in your pocket- and sure didn't want to waste that on things like food...

What a more simple life then....We thought we had the world by the tail...

I showed that 1969 thing to my wife and said "This site didn't even exist in 1969". She sighed and said "Honey, the internet didn't even exist in 1969!". And I always thought I was smarter than her. :lol:

burnt said:
Yanuck said:
oh thats right I forgot...you are a lot older than me.... :p

Somebody oughtta teach that girl a lil respect for her elders . . . . . :shock: :wink:

Well....she shuushed me!!
signs_188.gif

My twin cousns (now retired) were computer proammers way back then, in the Gilettes' headquarters. It was an enourmous monster taking up almost an entire floor, it was all white coats and almost clinical hygiene. They did well, as their pensions are far more than my salary :cry:

I believe I have a kids typewriter around here someplace from that era. I would have been 7 yrs old at Christmas 1969. I think I requested a typewriter in order to more efficiently type letters to Santa in future years. :wink: I was still waiting for Al Gore to invent the internet. :roll:

My sister is 5 years younger. Probably the most technologically advanced equipment she ever got from Santa was an Easy Bake Oven. Amazing what high quality pastries you can cook with heat from a light bulb. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gosh I am confused. Cattle today is kaput due to a hacker and Ranchers has been abducted into 1969! :? :???:

CKC1586 said:
Gosh I am confused. Cattle today is kaput due to a hacker and Ranchers has been abducted into 1969! :? :???:

I did a double-take...1969....hey wait a minute. I'd be 8 years old again!!

As to the Easy Bake Ovens, my sister and I baked up a bunch of goodies with that thing.

K

CKC1586 said:

My guess would be Ranchers.net is having some serious server issues.

Latest posts