• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1st Cycle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We always figured it was when the bulls were turned out. Angus cattle can have a short gestation period and calves can come 10 days early. Many ranchers have a lot of calves on the ground before their due date. I don't know about other breeds, I just know Angus. We were always glad to see those little vigorous black calves. We didn't want big, slow
calves that can cause extra work, so we had a lot of early calves.

I go with calendar date calves are expected. We have been 30% done before we started once.
This year about 16% and we are 75% done at end of first cycle.
That's the way I go , there's a guy around here that says other wise, but he went to to much school. I always wondered how your first cycle could start when the bull wasn't there yet

My cows where cycling I'm going to guess 6 to 8 weeks after calveing. Thats with no bull in with them.
My hfr calves will start cycling I will guess at 7 to 8 months.
I'm just going from memory here and my memory isn't all that great right now with all the crap I'm dealing with.
The hfrs we used to implant if we weren't keeping them for replacements. Cows are red Angus with Hereford bull.

Latest posts