• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1st day of spring 2015

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm surprised to hear a killdeer while you still have snow. They don't show up around here until the ground is pretty well bare and dry.

That fence had me worried for a bit... :shock:

Sandhill cranes have gone back up North, We have had a total of 14.75 inches of rain for the month of March. Wild flowers are blooming, frogs are chirping and weeds are growing. Cattle are off hay and enjoying the Rye grass and Clover. Grass is coming in. Calves are growing good. Stock tanks are full and running over.
Now have to wait for it to dry out to spray for the bountiful crop of weeds.
Mesquite trees and Pecans are budding out.
Tomatoes are growing and Blackberries are blooming.
Peaches are on the trees.
Believe we are getting towards the end of the drought.
Cattle prices are at an all time high.
Life is getting better down here in South Texas.

Glad to see y'all finally getting some needed rain in South Texas Richard. Wouldn't mind giving y'all some more of our rain. Here in East Texas we are actually above average on our lake levels. I actually had to rescue a few perch I found in my driveway the other day because of the rain we been getting here lately. I hope y'all get some more to bring you back to normal levels.

Happy to hear Texas is getting moisture. We are on the short end of moisture. Ranchers and farmers here are starting to mention it. We had a bit of rain last night, so perhaps the pump is getting primed. It's been good for calving and we all
know that winter is the best time for a drought in the north, except for the needed snowpack in the mountains for those that
irrigate. No killdeer or sandhill cranes yet. Mr. FH watches the cranes so that he knows when spring is here, same for winter.

Some light snow falling as I type.....not supposed to amount to much but we`ll take any moisture we get!
Our poplar trees are beginning to bud which is a little worrisome as we could still get some cold weather yet.
Later in the week the temps are forecast to climb into the high 60`s/low 70`s. It`s been an unusual winter here, darn warm, not much snow & much like the the late 80`s, ie, the late 1900`s!

We have Meadowlarks geese and robins no sandhills thankfully no killdeers not even a flicker tail.
Big Muddy you seem to have all thee above and blue birds. what next a unicorn :D :D

cows101 said:
We have Meadowlarks geese and robins no sandhills thankfully no killdeers not even a flicker tail.
Big Muddy you seem to have all thee above and blue birds. what next a unicorn :D :D

The Unicorns winter up the coulee. :D :D :lol:

Latest posts