• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1st day of spring

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
bring's blizzard like conditions...next to zero visibility..temp's not too bad but going down -5c...wind 50 to 70 k

i'm sooo tired of this winter ...only+ side is am not calving till may/june, just in time for spring rain/floods and i know that's a whole other discussion :lol: :lol:

Not quite blizzard conditions here, but very nasty wind driving the sloppy wet snow straight sideways here. Oh well, the fresh snow brightened things up again for now! :lol: The roads were as bad this afternoon as they were about all winter. But at least it's plus one. :lol:

BMr, you're pretty brave mocking his pain from a distance, eh? :mad:

:wink:

Can spring be far off now?

YES IT CANnnnn :cry2:

Missed the snow so far, but temp is dropping. I shot just over 30 gophers yesterday afternoon...

snow finally quit here about an hour ago,still breezy though. gophers won't be able to dig their way out till July,might have to take a road trip to feed my addiction :wink: spent the day next to the wood stove in the reloading shack getting ready :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I thought you were going to tell me you shot a gopher. :roll: :lol: :lol:

couple inches fresh snow, kinda a ground blizzard, at daylight. Lotsa wind, bare ground, shooting gophers by 3pm--last couple of yrs I've had my old Winchester 69 in pickup--only made them in '35, 36 then went to 69a, which cocks on opening. anyway, long barrel, lyman peep, a box of shells will kill a lot of them

hayguy said:
bring's blizzard like conditions...next to zero visibility..temp's not too bad but going down -5c...wind 50 to 70 k

i'm sooo tired of this winter ...only+ side is am not calving till may/june, just in time for spring rain/floods and i know that's a whole other discussion :lol: :lol:

Be careful you're going to start a fight! :lol: :p

8 inches of wet sticky snow yesterday. I am begiinning to think we are headed for a ice age by the look of the snow banks around here.

second day of spring and the ground is white here again :???:

on the bright side, it's not very deep…….yet :wink:

White here too... 19 degrees and 25 mph NNE winds- still snowing and by the radar it looks like it will for awhile...
Grandson Gabe doesn't have school today because of "spring break", so he has been helping me check cows during the night- and until this nasty weather breaks...

60F here and dusty. :? I'll take some snow if ya'll are willing to share a little.

I have no idea why Big Swede thinks I am crazy for "WINTER" calving. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Calves may need sunglasses and a canteen at this rate though! :x

Our weather has me worried too, H. Cold all winter but very dry since our cow killer storm last October. We're past due for some moisture. What we need is some spring snowstorms, right up until I start calving of course. :lol: 8)

Where I'm working in the Grande Prairie region of Northern AB we had about 4" of fresh snow yesterday as it dropped to -15C. And of course the wife never fails to remind me that at home in southern BC it's +15 and the grass is trying to green up.

PureCountry said:
Where I'm working in the Grande Prairie region of Northern AB we had about 4" of fresh snow yesterday as it dropped to -15C. And of course the wife never fails to remind me that at home in southern BC it's +15 and the grass is trying to green up.

You'll be packing pipe before ya know it. :wink:

Had a short 12 inches of snow in NE SD last Tuesday. A narrow band about 40 miles wide and no snow on either side. Most of it has melted and soaked into the ground. Won't start calving for about 30 days so hoping it warms up a bit.

Latest posts