• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2011 Sask Whitetail Season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

North Ridge Ranching

Reaction score
Just got a set of whitetail sheds I found 2 years ago scored unofficially. With an estimated spread of 17 inches, he scored 173 7/8 non typical 5 x 5. A friend tagged the deer the next fall and he had lost significant inches and had broke his main beam off before his G4.

My Whitetail came in at 153 1/8 non-typical and 146 7/8 typical this year. He was also a 5x5. Not bad but no booner for me this year.

Well it just gives you more incentive for next year! You guys have more than a few bigguns out there.

Get one or two and post them for us to see. I'm going to miss seeing the deer that Northern Rancher used to put up.

Gonna need pictures of those sheds! :D PLEASE!!! :D Can't wait to find some mule deer horns this year! And i am gonna miss Northern Rancher's pictures too. Hope Ty continue's the tradition and share with us.

Those sheds are awesome North Ridge! I'd love to see them.

2011Whitetail.jpg

My 2011 Whitetail

Muledeer.jpg

Local Veterinarian kids 2011 Mule Deer from horn scoring night.

HOLY SHEEP! That is a bomber whitetail and and gagger muley! Sure glad ya got the picture posting figured out. :D Know i'll be anxiously awaiting your sheds! Does anybody know how to get drool of of a keyboard? :???: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks!

Wow! :shock: Those are some bigguns! Must be pretty impressive to see them mounted on a real live head coming through the brush toward you!

Not many like that around here, if any.

Not going to lie to you, found them while seeding in the spring about 1/2 mile south of the farm yard. Just going up and down the field and found one, then made a couple more passes and found the other. No great strategy, but was excited none the less and I have found a few sets since. These were the ones that got me interested in shed hunting. I found these about 3 miles from where I shot my deer this year. Not the same deer but could be same genetics.

They usually come off not too far apart. We found a set one year while on a family, Sunday afternoon walk to the woodlot on the back of our farm. We found one about half way back and, low and behold, we wandered upon the second one about 200 yards away with one tip broken off.

Some guys, not so lucky, find them with a tractor or implement tire . . .

Our muleys are still packing although they have started to drop as i have saw a couple one horners! Those are great sheds North Ridge! I find mine after covering lots of ridges and draws as our deer roam far and wide where they winter. I even use binos to find over half my horns. Anyway, thanks! Great deer! :D

burnt said:
They usually come off not too far apart. We found a set one year while on a family, Sunday afternoon walk to the woodlot on the back of our farm. We found one about half way back and, low and behold, we wandered upon the second one about 200 yards away with one tip broken off.

Some guys, not so lucky, find them with a tractor or implement tire . . .

Few years back out east of us they had to walk the fields picking up sheds. They would get a pick up load off a field and then I heard they just took them to the dump. :?

Latest posts