• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2013 Heifer Calves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The crux of any cattle herd- the momma cows and the heifers that will carry on the program.
Snapped pictures of a couple I'm looking to keep for replacements- all sired by our "Juan" bull...

A daughter of L B B Mary 01X #16744208 ... Her mother is a daughter of OCC Magnitude X Bannon of Wye (mgs)- and is the biggest pest/pet on the place...

749T #15802668 W C R Floret 749T and her nice heifer calf... She raised the biggest bull calf we had last year- #17506127 Lazy Bar B Trackrunner .... Now has a nice heifer that might stay here for awhile..

#16769667 W C R Katherines Lass 017X and her heifer calf... Not bad for just her second calf.. 017X has a kind of unique pedigree- O C C Prestige 672P X Shoshone Felix 6310 J O D... A mating of Ohlde and Shoshone that sure seems to be working...

69W's heifer calf..

Her momma ---Cole Creek Juanada Rita 69W 16453096 ... My son bought her a couple of years ago down at the Cole Creek Sale in Columbus- and I think she is one of the prettier cows on the place.. She is a daughter of Cole Creek Seven Son 67T out of a HD Dunn High Mountain 2222 sired cow...

Two of the coming 2 year old bred heifers.. 201 is L B B Lakelyns Lass 201 # 17393700 and 208 is L B B Juanadamere 208 # 17393696.. Both stand a good chance of becoming good momma cows..

This picture pretty much shows the good grass year we've had.. A first calf heifer that is raising a nice heifer calf while being in great shape.. This is L B B Chezney # 17083247 ...

Thank you for posting ur pics. Very nice cattle. I enjoy your posts and your replies, you have a voice of reason and know what your talking about. Maybe u shouldgointo politics we could use a rancher with some common sense.

ND Farmer said:
Thank you for posting ur pics. Very nice cattle. I enjoy your posts and your replies, you have a voice of reason and know what your talking about. Maybe u shouldgointo politics we could use a rancher with some common sense.

I like your heifers. You have good cattle, Oldtimer.

ND Farmer, don't forget Oldtimer voted for Obama the first time, and he didn't vote against him the second time. :?

ND Farmer said:
I did not know that. Still think he knows what's going on. Lol. Nice cattle for a liberal.

ND Farmer- no liberal- but much more of a libertarian than many on this site ...
Since Soap wants to put politics over production-and wants to make this a political post-- so be it... He is just different from most folks I know that could care less of politics when working cows and put the preference in what you do and how well you do it- (longtime old western Libertarian beliefs)--- but- I do have to say as an Independent I voted for GW twice- but was disappointed by his and his progeny's performance so just like with the bad cows/bulls- culled his followers... Same came to be with Obama after 4 years..
Some Ballot of Belladrum #2797832 (a 1954 born bull) semen sold a month ago for $3200 a unit... And I have a granddaughter that is showing wonders as a momma cow...
And some of that old breeding that performs good now is about how my feeling is that Washington D.C. needs to go back to the bloodlines of the 1950's- and bring back some folks like Ike..

The Ballot of Belladrum 2797832 granddaughter ( sired by Octoraro Ballot STO 6) , shown here a month ago with her second calf, that is turning into a pretty fair little cow....
(W C R Celtic Beauty 013X # 16769947)- with her nice big "Juan" (Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X #16741353) heifer calf (which will probably also become a replacement)...
[/quote]

littlejoe said:
Yup, good cows---soap, there's a political board for the political jibes and horseshit.

Soapweed just made a statement that Oldtimer couldn't deny after he complimented him on his cows.

Then Oldtimer comes back with his More Libertarian than other's bull ****.

We can take this to PB if you want little Joe.

I agree that it's a good idea to keep the politics out of Ranch Talk.

We already have an entire forum dedicated to the political discourse and bickering:

Political Bull

Let's talk about the cattle!

Hey guys, I think soap was just trying to have a little fun. No harm done, we are all ranchers and love the outdoors and cattle. I'm sure from being outside a lot our skin is thicker than the average Joe.

ND Farmer said:
Hey guys, I think soap was just trying to have a little fun. No harm done, we are all ranchers and love the outdoors and cattle. I'm sure from being outside a lot our skin is thicker than the average Joe.

With all due respect, ND Farmer, it was you who injected politics into the thread. I just wanted to set the record straight before your warm fuzzy feelings got out of hand. :)

Oldtimer, I have always admired your nice looking efficient cattle. You do a great job raising livestock, and have a good eye for cattle. I also appreciate your fine family, and your family values. Best of luck to you and yours. :tiphat:

Sorry Soap and ND farmer-- I was in no mood yesterday to argue politics...I've been battling degenerative arthritis for the last few weeks - and yesterday morning got an early morning call that I had cows out on the highway 30 miles north.. Found that some ahole antelope hunter had decided in his chase to just drive thru the fence...
So after 4 hours of fencing- with the snowflakes whistling around my ears--I just did not feel like talking politics..

Some good did come of the day tho - I met 3 really nice guys from Vermont that were antelope hunting (and not the ones that ran thru my fence)- and that shared both my passion for nice firearms-- and many old libertarian live and let live beliefs ...

What kind of breeding do you do OT? Timed AI or what? Just saw where you said they run on huge acreage of gov't land with cattle from several other operations and wondered how in the world you would know which bull bred which cow.

TexasBred said:
What kind of breeding do you do OT? Timed AI or what? Just saw where you said they run on huge acreage of gov't land with cattle from several other operations and wondered how in the world you would know which bull bred which cow.

About the only A.I. we use is with the heifers- then everything runs with the bulls... Some years able to use different pastures with different bulls- other years run them together and DNA for sire parentage...The cows we run in the community pasture have 45+ days exposure to our bull(s) before they are moved to that pasture toward the end of July...

These calves pictured here were sired by Juanada Rito 06X- 16741353- a home raised 3 year old bull..

And since we have a few commercial cows/baldies left- that is what we have been taking to the community pasture...Last year- we had one bull that must have got hurt or something-anyway went bad- so we ended up with a few late calves... Didn't take any DNA testing to tell which ones weren't bred by my bulls... :wink: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
The crux of any cattle herd- the momma cows and the heifers that will carry on the program.
Snapped pictures of a couple I'm looking to keep for replacements- all sired by our "Juan" bull...

A daughter of L B B Mary 01X #16744208 ... Her mother is a daughter of OCC Magnitude X Bannon of Wye (mgs)- and is the biggest pest/pet on the place... She had actual weaning weight of 575 in 11/6/13..

749T #15802668 W C R Floret 749T and her nice heifer calf... She raised the biggest bull calf we had last year- #17506127 Lazy Bar B Trackrunner .... Now has a nice heifer that might stay here for awhile.. She had the heaviest heifer this summer- 650lbs...

#16769667 W C R Katherines Lass 017X and her heifer calf... Not bad for just her second calf.. 017X has a kind of unique pedigree- O C C Prestige 672P X Shoshone Felix 6310 J O D... A mating of Ohlde and Shoshone that sure seems to be working... 600 lbs.

69W's heifer calf.. 620lbs.

(W C R Celtic Beauty 013X # 16769947)- with her nice big "Juan" (Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X #16741353) heifer calf (which will probably also become a replacement)... weaned at 595 lbs..

Weaned calves this week--- I filled in the weights on the calves pictured from the earlier post...The highest actual average we have ever had... Everyone in this area is seeing weights above average... The moisture was sufficient and the grass matured out at the right time...

Bull calves we kept as bulls averaged 685
Steers averaged 623
Heifers averaged 567 lbs...

Latest posts