• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2014 Bull Sales Results

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hay Feeder

Reaction score
What are people paying for bulls in normal rancher sales

The reason I am posting is that last year I read real good bull sale averages
But was later told that very few buyers were at the sales or left early at many of the sales. Of course I am one that does not attend very many real bull sales
Do not think of this as a breed bias question

Wittkopp Angus Ranch
26th Angus Bull Production Auction
81 Bulls Avg. $3627
Top Bull $9000
Top 10 Avg. $6475

We've had one local sale where the bulls average $3627... I wasn't there but was told there were a lot of bulls going out the door at $2000... That is what we are selling ours for... Neighbor has an angus herd going back 60-70 years- but has not kept up the registration and is selling his for $1750...

That's basically what I thought 4200 to 4500 little more little less
Through a bull sale
Sure there is always a bottom end in every sale though

I am seeing sales managers wanting larger sales so they can make more money and everyone else involved does
So some producers selli g more bulls than what they have the market for
And the flip side other think they can instantly sell private treaty bulls to help flood the market
I have sell just a few bulls private for the past 15 years so I do not have the overhead of enormous sale expenses
I get 2300 to 4000 most go out 2500 to 3500
People here do not have enough cows to make a 4,000 pay for them
Where I live
But a sale money is there at once and one can sure turn there Mo ey quicker

Here is our sale report.

107 Two-Year Old Bulls average $5,727

91 Yearling Bulls average $5,071

198 Total Bulls average $5,427

TOP SELLING

Sold every bull offered

Seems like an Angus bull with a pulse is worth $5,000 and the good ones are worth $10,000. You can sure pay less if you deal with smaller breeders and don't go to the name brand sales. At these prices I really enjoy synchronizing and A.I. breeding as many cows as possible with my partner. Access to high quality genetics at a reasonable price and get more cows pregnant earlier in the breeding season. Just what works for us and we like genetics.

Latest posts