• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2021 Timed Event Championship is on Cowboy tv.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yes, we watched it. I remember when Trevor Brazil was in it and he didn't do very good in dogging. That wasn't one of his rodeo events.

Herbert Theriot's son, Marcus Theriot won it.

Actual rodeo events are bareback, saddle broncs and bulls. The rest are just fluff 😂😂😂

Ha, Ha, Ha! I don't think so. Just ask Trevor Brazile! He's got the Gold Buckles to prove how great Timed Events in a rodeo are. And, besides that, I, myself, loved swinging a loop and catching for my "heeler".

Yes, we watched it. I remember when Trevor Brazil was in it and he didn't do very good in dogging. That wasn't one of his rodeo events.

Herbert Theriot's son, Marcus Theriot won it.
We were there one year when he had trouble dogging. That year his steer in the steer roping got away on him.
Years ago, Roy Cooper was doing great in every event except the dogging....he just could not throw a steer. I think he tooks some lessons....he was better the next year.

There has always been a rivalry between the rough stock guys and the fellar playing with his rope 😁
I sure respect a great roper. I've never been skilled in that department. I hope ya know my post was in good fun. Just digging a spur a little
And it came from a person who owned a goat.....once.......😂🤣😂

I always thought that the only reason they have timed events in rodeo to give the crew time to reload the bucking chutes.
Every time I hear them call the timed event championship the "iron man" I think if they threw in Bareback Broncs, Saddle Broncs, and Bull riding we would find out who the real iron man is.
I have a saddle I won team roping. But if I were at a rodeo today and wanted some refreshments I sure wouldn't go to the refreshment stand during the bronc riding. Absolutely nothing about team roping compares to a horse that can really buck and a cowboy who can sit one.

"Team roping is for the guys that can't lasso a little calf by themselves. Those fellars ain't ranch hands and I'm not paying good money to watch two grown men do the job my 10-year-old granddaughter Faye does by herself. "

"The ranch life is doomed when women have nothing better to do than race range useless horses around empty barrels. Your grandma was a rodeo trail racer and she always won. They raced from the ranch where the rodeo was held to rattlesnake rock and back. She got her practice racing back to the ranch house or to neighbors when emergencies occurred." Quotes from one of my grandpa's 1960

One of my father's cousins a real roper
ranch or rodeo and her horse Happy.
Notice the happy look on his face. Hahaha!
CC .jpg

Last edited:
I always went and got a hot dog during the barrel race or the roping. Man does need to eat to keep his strength up.
Yes, me too but I always inquired if the dogs were 100% beef or if they were full of pig fat and turkey thigh. I say no to the sissy dogs. I loved the days when they furnished ketchup and mustard in the squeeze bottle instead of all the little packets. What fun to see the roping dudes strutting around in new tight stiff Wranglers with the big W on the pockets and blast their backside unbeknownst to them with hot dog condiments. Now that was a rodeo and real living.

Last edited:
Benny Reynolds PRCA All-around champion years ago was on the tv show "Name that tune." He had to say what it meant when they played the Star-Spangled Banner.
He told them "Bronc Riders Get Ready." 🤣😂🤣
Thought you guys might like that.
It is bareback riders get ready. Every time I hear that song my toes start twitching, fingers start flexing. It has been nearly 40 years since I last got on one but play the Star-Spangled Banner and my mind is saying it is time to go. I get the taste of a dusty old felt hat. Because you take your hat off and if there is no one there to hand it to you just bite the back of the brim.

Well, like it or not, those "good ol' days" of rodeo are long gone, no matter what the event is. In fact, in some ways, the "good ol' days" of ranching are gone to.

Some like change and some don't.

It totally depends on your perspective Mr Cody. Ranchers are producing more pounds of beef than ever while using less water to grow each pound of feed for that beef. We are much more efficient and our product is delicious and safe. We may not drive cattle up the trail from Texas to the rails in Dodge City, but many of traditional Cowboy way of doing things are alive and well still. In our country we still make thirty mile circles in a day checking cattle. We still rope and drag a lot of calves to the fire. We still are family ranches who all pitch in and work together. To me, ranching in 2021 is the best of both worlds. And to quote Mr Chris LeDoux "Ya just can't see that from the road"! 😁

Well said H! Only .0017382% of ranch life is seen from the road. The basic elements of cattle ranching will never change. Mama cows don't seem to pay much attention to technology or the latest rodeo trends at birthing time. On most big range ranches branding and castration are performed just like they were 134 years ago. Hot irons and sharp knives are still the way. Campfire cookouts for all the friends and neighbors that helped are much the same with the featured dish being a beef chili simmering over the side coals all day and cast iron dutch oven cornbread. Kids still roast real beef hot dogs and marshmallows over the same fire that heated the iron. A few of the greenhorn rodeo types kids go for Smores but they still use the same hot coals. All those testicles now soaking in salt water will be great for breakfast when peeled and chopped up and cooked with the scrambled eggs. Coffee is still bought in bulk and tossed in the pot to boil. Some of the old diehards still enjoy a chaw of coffee grounds. It is a real art to drink the last of the pot and be able to poke those grounds between your cheek and gums. Easy for me these days before putting in my dentures.

Ok, but just look at todays music at a PRCA rodeo. Classic Rock, some Oldies and even Disco. Doesn't seem like there is anymore of the old Country-Western music that use to be at them. Now it's Bon Jovi, Journey, Bee Gees, Joan Jett and numerous others. But, have heard Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry".

Farmers/Ranchers now have feeding and breeding computer software to use. Don't know how many use them, but they are available. And, just look at all of the modern-day farm tractors and crop equipment that is used today. Back in the mid-late 60's, our plow only had three blades and a rope had to be pulled to lower the blades down.

Horses are still used to herd cattle, going from one pasture to another, but so are 4-wheelers. Heck, I even seen a ranch documentary that showed a rancher in his helicopter checking on cattle.

And medicine has improved and transportation and communication and countless other things. Look at the difference in the pandemic in 1918 and the one we are in the now!!! Night and day difference. Not all change is BAD. And it's sure all isn't GOOD. I couldn't agree with ya more about the "music" played today on the radio. It's garbage to me. But record sales and airtime says it's as popular as ever. This website is a mixing pot of ranchers doing the same thing In Many different ways. That's what is intriguing and fun about this place. If we all matched in lock step what would be the point? Heck we even put up with team ropers 😁😁😁
And before I forget, THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR NATION!!!!!!!!! All veterans are first class hero's in my eyes. I tip my hat to ya sir. My dad is a proud Navy veteran too.

Latest posts