• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

'22 in the Rearview

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mytfarms

Reaction score
Boy, that year went fast didn't it?

All I accomplished was getting older, spending more money, paying more taxes, and doing more work. We took a break from adding another child this year, and instead just added another rifle to the collection. Kids are growing, life is going too fast, and there's never enough money. Must be about all grown up.

We're trying to slow life down and pare back the involvements to focus on loving these littles before they're gone. The 4 year old insists she will buy a place and get a job next year so she can have her own truck and trailer and horse. I think that was response to selling the mare this fall. We're down to a handful of chickens. Raised some pigs this summer and stocked the freezer. Couple fat opens left roaming what little leased grass there is left that'll restock the burger and brisket this winter.

There's a lot of interesting things I would have gladly shared at 15 that I know better than to share with the World Wide Web at 28. Sufficient to say, in the words of Robert Earl Keen, the road goes on forever and the party never ends!

I'll attempt to add some photos in here in the replies as well. Hope you all are well in your scattered corners. May rain and abundant feed and stable commodity markets find you.

Little crane action from the other day. Another big custom going in right up the road from the home place.
1A0743E9-7A29-4ABC-B924-98F45CF71D4F.jpeg

Drove through some of western NE Sandhills after selling the horse.
EF0438A0-24FB-47C3-A199-9B4416B0D1E4.jpeg

Littles at a wheat threshing this fall.
2BABE325-5AFA-47C4-86E8-4749ECCA0723.jpeg

Littlest on the mare. She moved to Nebraska this fall.
19824CDF-AB02-4829-95EB-6CE8D99DD664.jpeg

Chubby hogs shortly before their appointed time. They grew really well. Going to feed us and another family for a good chunk of the winter.
B330F21E-1416-4732-B7D1-126034608621.jpeg

FH, I did share photos of her right when I bought her. She was "broke" when she came to us at 3 years old.

Sold her a lot more experienced and a heck of a lot safer at 5 😅

The little ones are quite an amazing thing. We love em all dearly. Awesome to see them grow and sad to see them grow.

Latest posts