• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

25 Degrees here this morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
And the weather people have a chance for snow,sleet & rain later this week,sounds like carhatt weather to me :D :D ................good luck

It is -15 here. I've had enough already and it is only the the beginning of winter.

The weather yall are getting up north is just now getting down here,cold weather is always welcome around here because our summers are so long,hot & dry,be nice to see a lil snow,******as long as it is "just a little" :D ..........good luck
PS getting any rain over there Lilly?

Nope not yet, had a fairly heavy frost here this mornin tho. And I agree we do need a little bit of cold weather, kill some of these bugs off that have been so thick the last couple years!!!

Oh OH OH!!! yesterday I was out ridin thru the pasture, and what did I see........?????........some green stuff.......yeap, rye grass is finally comin up!!!!!! Not real thick yet, but least it's comin up. That stuff was planted on october 29th.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Nope not yet, had a fairly heavy frost here this mornin tho. And I agree we do need a little bit of cold weather, kill some of these bugs off that have been so thick the last couple years!!!

Oh OH OH!!! yesterday I was out ridin thru the pasture, and what did I see........?????........some green stuff.......yeap, rye grass is finally comin up!!!!!! Not real thick yet, but least it's comin up. That stuff was planted on october 29th.

I planted some winter rye one time in July and it came up the next year. 'Corse it was a wee bit droughty when I planted it! :lol:

Be nice if you get a good stand,makes real good hay,you oughta start seeing some deer on it pretty quick,dont take em long to find it ...........good luck
PS I might hafta shoot a big buck this year I talked to the hunters last nite and they said they had plenty of venison and were through,but I been seeing some nice bucks on these oat fields,have yall got your venison yet?

Nope she hasn't shot anything yet, she hadda basketball tournament this last weekend so she wasn't able to hunt. She's got plans to hunt this comin weekend tho.
This rye grass comin up means fixin to hafta build some fence. Mr Lilly didnt wanna worry with a fence till we seen if it was gonna come up. The expression on his face yesterday, when I found the rye comin up, was one of, "oh great, now I gotta go to work" But hey, it's a great way to get some cross fences up. :lol:

Nope she hasn't shot anything yet, she hadda basketball tournament this last weekend so she wasn't able to hunt. She's got plans to hunt this comin weekend tho.
This rye grass comin up means fixin to hafta build some fence. Mr Lilly didnt wanna worry with a fence till we seen if it was gonna come up. The expression on his face yesterday, when I found the rye comin up, was one of, "oh great, now I gotta go to work" But hey, it's a great way to get some cross fences up. :lol:

I guess you are talkin bout lectric fence?,I bet lil Lilly shoots a nice deer,there are some nice ones over there,and that rye will draw em like a magnet :wink: ..................good luck

We planted two different places, one on the front side of the creek it's about 20 acres, we'll electric fence that one, the other is about 40 acres in the back and I wanna build a regular fence on that. it's all the way in the back and already has fence on three sides, so I figured, why not fence it off, it's a goofy lil misshaped corner, next I'll be after him to put in a tank back there.

We planted two different places, one on the front side of the creek it's about 20 acres, we'll electric fence that one, the other is about 40 acres in the back and I wanna build a regular fence on that. it's all the way in the back and already has fence on three sides, so I figured, why not fence it off, it's a goofy lil misshaped corner, next I'll be after him to put in a tank back there.

Yeah,having a bull dozer on the place is nice,just start tank building,what's gonna keep it full drainage?I got a cople in the back that are almost dry,thinking bout putting windmills on them...............good luck

yes run off (when we have rain) :? And yes that dozer comes in real handy, was talkin to a friend of mine the other day and was told they had an estimate done on gettin a tank dug....holy cow was 12,000 big ones!!! I said, do you know how many tanks we could dig with 12,000 dollars worth of diesel??? I know ya got yer machinery repairs to add into that too, but gee whillickers, 12,000 fer one tank???

Latest posts