• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2EZ one bale hauler?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher rick

Reaction score
I`m thinking of buying one of these rigs. I`ve watched the video several times & it seems like it would get the job done. A concern is how it would work in icy conditions....chains might be the solution there.
Anyone out there have "real life" experience with this unit?
Thanks,
Rich

Might have to chain it up on the ice to get it into loading position? Might be handy enough if you weren't moving many.

Silver said:
Might have to chain it up on the ice to get it into loading position? Might be handy enough if you weren't moving many.

:agree: in icy conditions i think it would just skid. the one these guys build gives you the option of being able to unroll the bale, or any part of it. put an electric winch on it, about the same amount of trouble as electric brakes :wink: :wink: http://www.greenslades.ca/agriculture.asp

The bale cart my Dad built 35 years ago is still going strong. It's on it's second winch and I've no idea how many 15 inch well used tires I've put on it. One man can roll it around wherever needed with one hand, simple hitch pin hookup. I've hauled thousands of bales out to the pastures with that thing with zero trouble. Yes, you do have to crank that winch, but no electric brakes or lights to get torn off during everyday use. One advantage the one in the video has is the ability to get bales that are ricked butt to butt. We always had to leave 2 feet or so around each bale to accomodate using the cart to get them, but there was less spoilage ricking them that way, IMO.

The one in the video is nice and purdy and all painted up. My cart has never seen paint, except on the winch.

We had one of those when I was a kid in NE Texas. I think Preifert made it. Personally I wouldnt use one now if it was gave to me. Down there we had muddy stack lots to deal with and they are hell to back of when it is slick or the ground is soft. They are bearable if its dry and the hay stack hasnt settled.

Tex

hayguy said:
got a pic Loomixguy? i seem to be an accumulator of simple :lol:

I'll get some on my cell phone. Between my wife & kids I have NO IDEA where our camera might be. If somebody out there would PM me with their US based cell #, I would forward the pics & they might be kind enough to post them for ya. Any takers?

& NO, I can't transfer them from my phone to the 'puter, either.

I got Jiggsy's cell...maybe he would do it for us.

I sure would old buddy, just be sure NOT to forward those nekkid bics of cousin Mary that you seem to collect !!

photo bucket is not letting me load the pics... anyone who wants to post the pics, PM me your email, and I will forwward you the pics...

Latest posts