• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

4 Weeks Down, 2 Weeks To Go

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranchy

Reaction score
Hubby finished up his fourth week of radiation yesterday, and we flew back home to the ole rancho!

He did well with it this week, was just a little staggery and dizzy after treatment yesterday, but quickly got over it. The nausea pills are helping a LOT, and he only has to take one in the morning, to get him trough the radiation, and then no more. He's still taking the steroid pill 3 X a day, just like he's supposed to, and the doc says they'll wean him off those gradually, over the next couple of months after he finishes his treatments. They make him nervous and he doesn't sleep much, but those are normal side effects, that will go away (probably) when he's not taking them anymore.

So, everything is progressing, and his right eye seems to be straightening out, we're hoping that eventually it will go back to normal.

Guess I should get a wiggle on, need to fix a lunch and take to them at the corral, along with Hubby's noon pill........may even have a few branding pics when I get back home!

Catch ya on the rebound!!!!!!! :D

Ranchy----please know that you and your wonderful family continue to be in the prayers of all here at ranchers!!! Keep us posted and let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!

Ranchy,
there is a grouchy old rancher women (she'll laugh if you tell her I said that) that is headed to the same spot your cowboy is for treatment for ALMOST the same thing --she has an place up by Claunch, West of Corona --
Knollene McDaniel --
Her's is a tumor behind her eye --and they are having to shrink it quite slowly as it's entwined with some critical things that would cause her to bleed to death AND be blind if they wen to fast. Not sure what her schedule is but you may run into her while you are finishing up. She's just getting started --

Latest posts