• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

badaxemoo

Reaction score
nelson-muntz.gif

Congressman Adler Statement on Health Care Bill PDF Print
Friday, 19 March 2010 08:42
Washington, DC – Congressman John Adler today released the following statement announcing that he will vote against the health care reform package that is expected to come to the House floor for a vote this weekend. The House released the final reconciliation bill earlier today.

"I will vote against this health care bill. The final health care reform bill does not do enough to make health care affordable for middle-class families, small businesses, seniors and taxpayers.

"Since June, I have consistently expressed my serious reservations about the House and Senate proposals. While the final bill takes positive steps to provide insurance coverage for working Americans, I am not satisfied that the final bill will reform our health care system and prevent excessive increases in premiums for families and small businesses.

"Once again, Congress is failing to make the tough choices. We are missing a critical opportunity to fix our health care system and strengthen American families and small business. We need reforms that will spur job growth and reduce health care costs for future generations.

"More than forty years ago, my father lost his local dry cleaning business after suffering from a series of heart attacks. As a small business owner, he could not afford health insurance and was forced to get out of the hospital too quickly due to the rising medical bills. I do not believe this health care legislation will keep premiums down for families and small businesses in the future."

Congressman Adler has hosted more than 80 public meetings with local residents during the last year. Just like the families and business owners in South Jersey and the shore area, he has consistently called on Congress to find commonsense, bipartisan measures that would lower costs and make health care more affordable for our families and small businesses.
Democrats who voted against the health care bill included the following Congressmen and Congresswomen:

Rep. John Adler (N.J.)
Rep. Jason Altmire (Pa.)
Rep. Michael Arcuri (N.Y.)
Rep. John Barrow (Ga.)
Rep. Marion Berry (Ark.)
Rep. Dan Boren (Okla.)
Rep. Rick Boucher (Va.)
Rep. Bobby Bright (Ala.)
Rep. Ben Chandler (Ky.)
Rep. Travis Childers (Miss.)
Rep. Artur Davis (Ala.)
Rep. Lincoln Davis (Tenn.)
Rep. Chet Edwards (Texas)
Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin (S.D.)
Rep. Tim Holden (Pa.)
Rep. Larry Kissell (N.C.)
Rep. Frank Kratovil (Md.)
Rep. Dan Lipinski (Ill.)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (Mass.)
Rep. Jim Marshall (Ga.)
Rep. Jim Matheson (Utah)
Rep. Mike McIntyre (N.C.)
Rep. Mike McMahon (N.Y.)
Rep. Charlie Melancon (La.)
Rep. Walt Minnick (Idaho)
Rep. Glenn Nye (Va.)
Rep. Collin Peterson (Minn.)
Rep. Mike Ross (Ark.)
Rep. Heath Shuler (N.C.)
Rep. Ike Skelton (Mo.)
Rep. Zack Space (Ohio)
Rep. John Tanner (Tenn.)
Rep. Gene Taylor (Miss.)
Rep. Harry Teague (N.M.)

for many reasons... 34 democrats and all the republicans voted against this measure.. including my local representatives... at least they listened when we discussed the issues...

while we disagreed on some points.. we had many more we agreed on.

so vote carefully this fall, make sure your Representative listens and is able to allow voters into the discussion.. not just nod and do as they please..

Latest posts