• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

!5 years ago

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
36 years ago, my oldest son was born on this day. I came in from the hay field, Sue was fixing lunch in the kitchen. Her water broke, I went and took a shower and then we drove the canyon to the hospital in Jackson Hole. 15 years ago, yesterday was the hardest day in my life, when I got the call" we can't find him, he went under the water". This forum had pages of support and sympathy, and in away help get me thru.

Lose a parent, you lost the past, lose a child, you lost the future! I have three sons and will cherish them just a little bit more today! I know those grief aftershocks never stop, they just get spaced a little farther apart with the passing of time.

I remembered your loss when I woke up yesterday. I couldn't remember how long ago, guess it happened on my 44th birthday. I think of it every year, you will always have my kind thoughts and condolences Jody.

I wasn't posting here but I was lurking and I remember reading that. There simply are no words to offer.

Loosing a son or daughter has to be the most painful thing a person could ever go through and I'm so sorry for your loss. When I read your post my stomach flopped and I remembered the emotions. Not as a parent though but as a close friend. When I read what the call was I remembered the pain, confusion and hope of it being a bad joke.

I have a close friend who lost his two sons to drowning. They were at a family's pond partying with friends late at night. The pond is miles from civilization. Most all at the party were in there 20's. The youngest brother was swinging across and started to yell for help. The older brother jumped in trying to help and the both drowned. They were hard working young men. The oldest helped me during calving and was helping me hay when it happened. I had told him a few months earlier that swimming in that pond was a bad idea. He asked why? And I said because you'll fool around and drowned that's why. He assured me he was a good swimmer. He had lived in Hawaii for awhile and swam in the ocean. I told him I had lost another friend who was very strong and it was the weeds that got him.

My wife came and told me they drowned while I was in the shower. I couldn't believe what she said. I can still picture him coming through my door. My wife and I share a birthday and they died on that day.

Latest posts