• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

50th Anniversary ideas?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Spectator

Reaction score
My parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this summer. They met through 4-H dairy projects, raised four kids and are still best friends. Dad can't get around much anymore but Mom still milks at a nearby dairy five mornings a week (they love her, tell me "She treats our cows like she owns them herself!") and keeps a handful of Simmentals behind the house. Not much money to spend among the kids right now, but would like to do something special. Not sure he'd be up for a potluck or large gathering, and many of us are no longer living in the state. I'm thinking about doing a photo slideshow on DVD and asking family and friends to participate in a card shower, they'd love to hear from all the cousins and so forth.
Any other celebration suggestions? I thought the farm/livestock forums would be a good resource for ideas. Thank you!

If it's not a large gathering. Maybe their favorite meal would be an easy thing to do. ??? I'd ask everyone to send photos that they might have of them thru the years. That way you might get some you haven't seen before. They could scan and email them. The card shower is a nice idea.

An aunt and uncle of mine had a 50th anniversary party a few years back. And had a western theme. Table decorations were bandana's for napkins....boots spurs gloves etc in the center of the table. (altho they are city folks it turned out cute) You'd be amazed at what you can find to decorate a table with when you start lookin. Old lanterns, horse shoes, spittoon, ropes, stirrups. Just two or three items in the center of each table makes it really cute.

Spectator said:
My parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this summer. They met through 4-H dairy projects, raised four kids and are still best friends. Dad can't get around much anymore but Mom still milks at a nearby dairy five mornings a week (they love her, tell me "She treats our cows like she owns them herself!") and keeps a handful of Simmentals behind the house. Not much money to spend among the kids right now, but would like to do something special. Not sure he'd be up for a potluck or large gathering, and many of us are no longer living in the state. I'm thinking about doing a photo slideshow on DVD and asking family and friends to participate in a card shower, they'd love to hear from all the cousins and so forth.
Any other celebration suggestions? I thought the farm/livestock forums would be a good resource for ideas. Thank you!

I'm glad to know that Spectator, its only proving that they really love each other so much. Well, I suggest if you will serve a milk to their anniversary party, bake an anniversary cake using the milk of your cows and eggs in your farm. Then have a tarpaulin where the statement "mahal namin kayo" a filipino sentence means "we love you". Hope my suggestions can help you. :D

Back in the day of VHS tapes..I sent 2 cassettes to a family member along with a list of names and addresses to be passed on...I had each family gather and record on the tape a message to my grandparents for their anniv. I also gave the tape a deadline of 2 months to get back to me...when I got it back (on time no less) I was surprised to see some of "our" long lost relatives..some I didn't even know exisited! The tape had been sent to other families that weren't on my list,,which made it even more fun... A few that were scary..lol and a few that have been in the backwoods of Virginia to long..lol It turned out great though and my grandparents loved it...we watched it with them and learned alot about the history of relatives...Come to think of it..I should get that transfered to a DVD disk! Photo's and video's are always a great idea!

Latest posts