• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

60% of the country is in some kind of drought

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
http://www.westernfarmerstockman.com/weather/drought-builds-10th-consecutive-week?NL=FP-016&Issue=FP-016_20180119_FP-016_633&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_2_b&utm_rid=CPG02000000653415&utm_campaign=24122&utm_medium=email&elq2=04c273e172c24e2d9a733d678f33d574

Severe here, not far from the extreme line. Did rain and storm last night but I haven't made it to the gauge yet.

For us is a mixed blessing being dry during winter months. If it is still this dry June 1st. We are in big trouble. Any wet snow during the spring months will be most welcome here.

For sure, in the north, winter is the best time for a drought.
There was fall rain in SE Montana but it stayed warm for so long, the grass used the moisture and they
are bone dry I have heard. No moisture in the ground whatsoever and there wasn't enough moisture for the
ground to freeze. There has been snow storms, but not much moisture in the snow.

Praying for spring moisture for all.

Well I don't know what to think about that map. It shows us as moderate and we are hurting. For the new water year that started in Oct 2017 we are at 44% of normal. And that is only after this last weekend storm which was our first decent storm of the winter.

BMR, I still think your exceptional pal. Don't feel bad about yourself. Buck up lil fella :D

Latest posts