• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

$600,000 Hereford Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
http://magicvalley.com/news/local/idaho-bull-sells-for-sets-world-record/article_036885ea-81d7-11e2-a297-001a4bcf887a.html

Idaho Bull Sells for $600,000, Sets World Record

PrintEmail

10 hours ago • Associated Press

(0) Comments

BRUNEAU — A Hereford bull from an Idaho breeder has set a new world record, selling for $600,000 at the Bruneau ranch's annual bull sale.

Guy Colyer with Colyer Hereford & Angus said the bull nearly doubled the breed's previous record sale of $301,000.

Colyer told the Capital Press his family knew there was a lot of interest in the bull, named C Miles McKee, because the animal has high scores for breeding and phenotype and is expected to produce valuable offspring.

The bull was renamed just before Monday's livestock sale, when it was bought by the Miles McKee Syndicate in Dunlap, Iowa. The Coyler family is retaining the right to have the bull sire more animals for their ranch.

couldn't have happened to nicer or more deserving people than Guy and Sherry..funny thing is when their son Kyle bought the bulls sire, Guy didn't think much of him...I think thats prolly all changed now though :wink:

2103_lg.jpg

Yanuck said:
couldn't have happened to nicer or more deserving people than Guy and Sherry..funny thing is when their son Kyle bought the bulls sire, Guy didn't think much of him...I think thats prolly all changed now though :wink:

yep that sounds like the family purebred business. lol

Back in the day when the tax laws were different, there were a few doctors that had small ranches in our area. They payed a lot of money for Bulls. :wink: I believe Enforcer was the first Million dollar Hereford Bull. ?

I wonder how much money really changes hands in some of these deals? Looks like his full brother brought $5500. Also he alone brought more $$$$$$ than allof the rest grossed? Really wonder who the contending bidder was?? Used to be when we went to sales years ago this was the kinda deal where several outfits throwed in together and shared the next riseing star of the breed. I'm going to watch this deal just to see how far they try and run it. Fun Fun Eddy

bllcattle said:
I wonder how much money really changes hands in some of these deals? Looks like his full brother brought $5500. Also he alone brought more $$$$$$ than allof the rest grossed? Really wonder who the contending bidder was?? Used to be when we went to sales years ago this was the kinda deal where several outfits throwed in together and shared the next riseing star of the breed. I'm going to watch this deal just to see how far they try and run it. Fun Fun Eddy

That one yearling sold for more than all the rest of the yearling bulls in the sale put together.

As a Hereford guy these big money deals we've been seeing actually make me cringe...

Heck, I was at a sale where they sold a $105,000 bull. The bull wasn't even there, he was "already at the stud". The catalog said "terms announced sale day".......WELL they NEVER ANNOUNCED ANY TERMS!!!!! Were they selling 3/4 interest, 1/2 interest, any possession??? Nothing mentioned but whatever they sold sold for $105,000 and the bidding was done by two guys both wearing jackets from the ranch that was selling the bull.......

:???:

Latest posts