• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
She got by Debbie last fall in the sorting alley and I let her stay. She has had two sets of twins in her stay here. No idea how old she is, she was a cow when she came here on a load back in 2015.
01AB0620-C5E3-4E49-B712-95505FF8F235.jpeg
3D54FCB2-50E0-4BB8-B1C0-4511EEAFB2D2.jpeg

She got by Debbie last fall in the sorting alley and I let her stay. She has had two sets of twins in her stay here. No idea how old she is, she was a cow when she came here on a load back in 2015.View attachment 1379View attachment 1380
Big calf. I just would guess you would calve late because of your location but would that calf weigh over 650lbs?
Kind of hard to tell just by the picture because I dont know the frame size of momma.

Big calf. I just would guess you would calve late because of your location but would that calf weigh over 650lbs?
Kind of hard to tell just by the picture because I dont know the frame size of momma.
I am hoping none of them weigh over 550 and not fit the contract we got for our calves last February. They would be worth about 65 cents less!

I am hoping none of them weigh over 550 and not fit the contract we got for our calves last February. They would be worth about 65 cents less!
Okay then momma is smaller than I'm used to looking at.
The regular market in southern Alberta. Well two weeks ago they where paying more for 650 lbs steers than for 540lbs ones which is opposite of other years.

Okay then momma is smaller than I'm used to looking at.
The regular market in southern Alberta. Well two weeks ago they where paying more for 650 lbs steers than for 540lbs ones which is opposite of other years.
We forward contracted our steer calves in February for $3 at 400 lbs with a 25 cent slide. Weight range can be 350 to 550. They will likely average about 490 across the board.

We forward contracted our steer calves in February for $3 at 400 lbs with a 25 cent slide. Weight range can be 350 to 550. They will likely average about 490 across the board.
What would $3 be in US dollars? Sounds like one heck of a sale to me and lots of leeway on weight. (I was going to say 'liberal' weights, but I hate that word so I changed the sentence). 😂 I heard from a customer last night who got a bit
over $1000/hd for his calves. Not enough the way things are, but will keep him and others going for another year.
Congratulations on a great sale, gcreek.

Sounds good to me, as does $1000/hd. Last week in Emmett Id all weight classes went in the $1.40's :(

I had one longhorn/angus cross that was sucking another cow. Traded her to a friend and when he came to get her she slipped out of the chute and we got the wrong one. Found out when he got home. She stayed and has raised 2 of the best calves and is the first up to the hay feeder every time. #50..

Latest posts