• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

7 months of winter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soil Moisture the Star of Crop Progress Reports!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Another standout in this week's reports were the topsoil and subsoil moistures!

In Montana, subsoil moisture is rated at 86% adequate-to-surplus. The same can be said of 80% of Wyoming's, 78% of South Dakota's, and 97% of North Dakota's.

http://www.northernag.net/AGNews/AgNewsStories/TabId/657/ArtMID/2927/ArticleID/3063/Soil-Moisture-the-Star-of-Crop-Progress-Reports.aspx

But it has had some rewards... None of Montana, Wyoming or the Dakotas are considered in drought conditions now!

Faster horses said:
The folks here in SD are saying, "if this weather (snowy, cold and windy) lasts til May 4th, we will have had 7 months of winter."

If you recall, the ATLAS Storm happened on October 4, 2013.

That's a long time. :cry:

i hope we come up a little short..

it's sure wet around here now. a rain/snow mix started early sunday morning and lasted until last evening. had about 3" snow monday morning and a fresh inch yesterday morning. now we need some sun, we'll get that on thursday they say..

We were blessed with right at two inches of moisture (rain and snow combined). The timing was perfect, and even though the moisture has let up, at least the wind is still blowing super hard. :)

Soapweed said:
We were blessed with right at two inches of moisture (rain and snow combined). The timing was perfect, and even though the moisture has let up, at least the wind is still blowing super hard. :)

at about noon yesterday we were at just under 1.5 inches.

Rained for two days here off and on. Then changed to snow the night before last. Snow shower came through this mourning while feeding and as I am typing this it is raining.

I suppose in the next two days or so a guy will have to start chasing baby calves with a needle.

At least we didn't get what the western part of the state got upwards of a foot of wet snow.

We got about a 1" of moisture over a couple shots it was sure appreciative. But someone can close the door! Yesterday was as bad that I've seen, we had wind blow 45-50 mph with gusts of 70! Then this morning it snowed a trace and going to get to 30. Seen around south east kansas has a freeze warning out for tonight. Winter wheat won't like this stretch of weather.

Latest posts