• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

900,000 head of canadian cattle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DO WE NEED M COOL

• YES IT NEEDED BADLY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NAW IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
That is poised and ready to go south,that is a lot of beef that can not be exported,and since we have no way of Differentiating this meat its obvious it will end up on the American consumers plate.
Do we need "M COOL" ?..................good luck

How many time are you going to use that 900,000 number?

The cattle in Canada are current and no backlogs are waiting for the border.

The trucks haven't increased enough yet and kill of cows has increased big time since July. Culls here are moving every week they aren't standing around waiting for a US buyer.

Dont you canuckle heads read your own newspaper,every one I have read is saying. According to Statistics Canada, there were more than 900,000 surplus OTM cattle across the country as of last July, and that while Canadian meat plants will process some of those, aging animals will swell the national herd. And that is July 2005,this canadian "OTM" meat is not good enough for our export market they plainly state they dont want it,but it is good enough for the American consumer ?..............good luck

Haymaker; Jason's right about the OTM marketing. The US border opening is far enough away that producers are aggressively marketing their cull cattle. Name one reason why this product would be any different or of any more risk to consumers than American cow beef!!

Agman has better numbers and information on when the rubberband will snap back. I see anecdotal evidence we are getting close. I would guess that is the reason we are seeing more movement on the trade.

cowsense said:
Haymaker; Jason's right about the OTM marketing. The US border opening is far enough away that producers are aggressively marketing their cull cattle. Name one reason why this product would be any different or of any more risk to consumers than American cow beef!!

Do the math,cowsense you have a herd size much smaller than that of the USA's but you have 4x the rate of BSE,besides I wonder about canada's testing credibility,no telling how many ole cows are buried in the back fourty...........good luck

cowsense said:
Most of the cattlemen in this area have allready culled most of those Old Crocks. I have culled some precious gems myself :wink: If the country is so full of cull cows how come the packers are having trouble finding them? After all who can afford to keep them?

HAY MAKER said:
cowsense said:

Do the math,cowsense you have a herd size much smaller than that of the USA's but you have 4x the rate of BSE,besides I wonder about canada's testing credibility,no telling how many ole cows are buried in the back fourty...........good luck

I think it would be more correct to say Canada is at least 4X better at finding BSE than the US. I think you guys proved how effective your surveillance is with your texas cow. I wonder how many ole cows are burried in the back forty?

Haymaker; Perhaps it's about time that you admitted that Canada has a far superior surveillance system set up as well as better national herd health programs. We've taken the lead on many livestock health issues with the U.S. stuck playing catchup !

Sure glad you keep posting here Haymaker as it shows everyone how full of crap some R-Calf supporters are. Any idea why the price of Canadian cull cows is going up if all this supposed surplus is up here as you suggest?

Didn't think so. :roll:

Bill said:
Sure glad you keep posting here Haymaker as it shows everyone how full of crap some R-Calf supporters are. Any idea why the price of Canadian cull cows is going up if all this supposed surplus is up here as you suggest?

Going up to what? bring some facts & figures to make a point,instead of this canuckle shuffle that is so routine,what I have posted is in your newspapers and I believe it to be fact................good luck what's that you say no facts and no figures,why aint I surprised,you damned canuckle heads got more angles than a tri square :D :D :D

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

Going up to what? bring some facts & figures to make a point,instead of this canuckle shuffle that is so routine,what I have posted is in your newspapers and I believe it to be fact................good luck what's that you say no facts and no figures,why aint I surprised,you damned canuckle heads got more angles than a tri square :D :D :D

Last year when I was hauling cows to auction I was getting about 18 cents a pound and this year it is closer to 30 cents. The poorest still don't bring much money but last year you would have gotten a bill from the sale barn. Look on Canfax.

HAY MAKER said:
Bill said:

To use the R-Calf party line brought to this site by Sandhusker, Econ and yourself. "Do your own research." :roll:

Latest posts