• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

960 acres

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Still settling into the new place, as Sue and I climbed out of cyclone canyon , I realized there was a few acres we were not getting the grass of off. Bottom of the canyon is a reservoir and no water , even this year. Sand thinking maybe a liner might help but that only gets a small part. Need a cat to push down some cliff walls , and a trail off the other side. Would be nice to get water on top, got a few ideas for that . other side there a couple good spots for water development , there is a spring but it in a very deep wash -draw.... only need money...

Could you get a few loads of bentonite and work it in to the reservoir bottom? I would imagine bentonite is available close by where you live and reasonably priced.

Water...……..always a problem in the arid areas of the country, it seems. Too much, too little, or in the wrong place!

On the other hand, sure hope you are enjoying the learning experiences of a 'new place'!

Even after 60+ years on the same place, more or less, as 'the other half' grew up, and a few additions we have been able to make, there always will be fences we may think are not quite right for the way we want things managed...….and the challenges of younger generations to grow their own methods...…….change comes, ready or not! Tough for those who don't like change! Interesting times for those who do! And blessed are those who know the difference!

mrj

Latest posts