• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A bizarre set of circumstances

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
My wife's sister is a registered nurse, and in charge of the assisted living wing of a nursing home. Early last week, her supervisor told her that she should attend an inservice which was to be held this morning. Last Friday, Peach Blossom's sister, "Orange Marmalade", checked again with the supervisor to make sure she still wanted her to go to the inservice today. The answer was "yes" and the supervisor said she would tell the rest of the staff why Orange Marmalade wasn't at work.

This morning, Orange Marmalade thought about calling a couple of the other ladies that worked at the nursing home to tell them why she wasn't going to be there, but remembered that the supervisor said she would tell them. OM decided to just go on to the inservice.

Meanwhile back at the nursing home, the other workers became concerned when OM didn't show up for work. They called the supervisor who said that last she knew, OM was planning to be at work. The supervisor called OM's daughter to see if she knew where her mom was. She didn't, but called her dad who is a teacher. He didn't know where his wife was, (even though she had told him last night as he watched television :wink: ). He became alarmed and called the other daughter. One of the daughters then called another lady, who was a good friend of OM's. That lady called the police to see if there had been any accidents involving the lady in question. The police responded that none had been reported.

All of the family and friends had gathered at OM's home to plot their next course of action.

When the inservice was over at noon, OM drove back to her house to get a sandwich before going on to work at the nursing home. She was surprised to see so much activity at the family house, and instantly thought that someone had been hurt. When she walked into the room, everyone looked up with amazement, gratitude, and immense relief. OM had a good laugh at all the commotion she had caused, and she just had to call to share the days' activities with her sister, Peach Blossom.

Sounds like she had all her bases covered............just everyone else was playin on a different field.....lol
Glad everthang turned out ok tho. Amazin how lil things like that can give us a scare huh?

Glad everything worked out fine, but a little scary to think
the "Super"viser should be in charge of the nursing home
rather than a resident. :???:

When I read the goings on I got a feeling the supervisor was setting up OM for some reason. I hope it isn't ill-intended.

I don't think that anything was ill-intended. It was just middle-aged absent-mindedness, and miscommunication. Once in a while I tell Peach Blossom something and it doesn't seem to register. She claims that the same thing happens when she talks to me, because the prevailing wind blows it into one of my ears and right out through the other one. :wink:

At least when the dust all settled, Orange Marmalade felt needed, wanted and missed.

Sounds like she has lots of good caring friends and family. A similar incident happened in my family a few years ago and phone calls went to Minn, Colo, and Ore before it was over. Makes you feel appreciated. :D

Latest posts