• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A couple "Jody" days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Sunday my daughter and I were in the field raking and baling when the baler wasn't cutting the twine on one side. While checking that out I found a hydraulic hose squirting oil so we shut down and had to take the cylinder off the baler as the fitting rounded off trying to get it off. I drove 120 miles round trip to get a hose made Sunday afternoon got home had a quick supper and we were back to the hay field. Put the cylinder and hose back on in record time and we were off raking and baling . Again. I was headed south down the field on my first pass and my phone rings, It's my daughter at the other end of the field"Dad the rake broke". Sure enough snapped the hitch right off. Called the mobile welder man to get him for the next morning and I had to go to Plentywood for plate to make a box to fit inside the tubing. WE got the rake back together and were just getting started when the baler pick up started making a racket. So I was checking it out and found a broken tooth stuck on one tooth and behind another so pulled a band off and pried the broken tooth out. IT seemed better but when I started baling again i made half a bale and the pick up stopped.
The drive chain had come off and when I went to put that on I saw the pick up was broke loose from the baler on one side. the welder man wasn't gone 15 minutes but I towed the baler home and pulled in the shop. I was able to weld it while still under the front of the baler. another quick supper and I was back to the field.Only a little bit left so I raked and baled myself. Time to go move the outfits down to the home ranch and get some more bales made. :D

Glad to see that I'm not the only one being plagued with break-down's this year :mad: took out a turtle on the discbine yesterday afternoon..hydraulic hose on the bale wagon,but at least I didn't have to drive 120 miles to get it fixed. :wink:

I hired a guy to cut 140 acres for me. His hired man was cutting it yesterday and plugged the swather. The hired guy is completely unfamiliar with apparently everything, so he kept on cutting. Smoked belts, chains maybe gear box, etc. I don't have the heart to call and see how bad things really are. It was a bonafied Monday, for sure.

Latest posts