• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A fair question..re: Cows w/ Guns

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven

Reaction score

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fair question.....

Would you, the Rancher's .net Club, be offend equally if the chickens and cows were REVERSED in the video? If the chx were protesting and the cows came to save them?

I wouldn't have liked it with the cows saving the chickens, either. One of the things I found distasteful was that they are 'humanizing' animals again and I did not care for the way it was portrayed. We already have a problem with that with animal rights people in this country. They think animals have the same rights (or perhaps even more) as humans. Now, don't take this wrong, I love animals and I stand up against animal cruelty WHENEVER NECESSARY (and that is way too often); but animals are not humans.

There was a lot of funny things that could have been done with that cartoon besides arming the cows and starting a war and interjecting a sublimal message.

Remember, I just got finished being bashed over a coyote calling contest, so maybe I am just a bet testy on the animal rights deal.

I love humor as much or more than most people. I giggle at alot of things posted here. There is a lot of comedy that is posted on this forum and I appreciate it to a high degree.

So, as for me, I am done discussing this subject. Thanks for hearing me out.

Quite a few years ago, a neighboring rancher had a bumper sticker on his pickup that read, "Promote Beef, Run Over a Chicken." He pulled in to my in-laws' ranch to borrow a pipe wrench to fix a windmill. As he was parked in their yard visiting, his cowdog jumped out, attacked a chicken and killed it. The rancher was mortified, but everyone else thought it to be quite a comic coincidence. :)

I well remember the coyote incident for you.

But...don't we all humanize animals..... look @ our avatars....look @ our pets in our house. I remember some here dressing up their critters for Halloween and Christmas.

I wasn't offended at all as long as the leave those danged pigs out of it

Not to mention sheep. Anyone can tell you a sheep is just too dumb to know which end is up on a gun, even if they did have the thumbs to operate one... I'm pretty sure they could never even get a chopper off the ground... :p

I wasn't offended at all as long as the leave those danged pigs out of it
awwww pigs they are cute they would be the new reporters squeelling the truth to all the farmyards across this nation.......... :p

Sorry from HOG country home of the best BBQ in the world :wink:

This probably isn't going to score me any points on ranchers.net, but it needs to be said. A lot of people here who talk about how much they hate political correctness should really look in the mirror. Being offended by a cartoon about cows with guns is a whopping example of PC bullshit.

Latest posts